Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago a post was seen on this forums in which it was asked that what's new in the next release of epsxe.One of the authors said compatability and If I am not mistaken it was Galtor.

So we have more compatability comin up for EPSXE,but can there be some more speed from low specs PC's like P-III (500 Mhz) etc etc

What I mean to ask is that is it possible

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
From what I understand, and from what they have been publically saying, they are concentrating on compatibility issues at the moment, which can be a tedious, time-consuming job (I should know, the hours and hours I've spent with some stupid problem with a game!).
They are not looking at speed in general at the moment. But some of the compatibility fixes may well effect the speed of games (maybe good, maybe bad ... normally good though :) ).
I guess, once compatibility has been taken to the next level, then they may have a look at speeding up the core ;)

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmmmmmmm....................:(

I think it would be insane if they start working on each and every game.I don't mean to disappoint them instead it would be great for all of us.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttt with some speed we might get happy.

Most of the guys out there would agree on compatability since they have very fast systems but guys like me having P-III,500 would be happy with some more speed.

I think that they should first concentrate on what they are working on and that's compatability yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

and then go for speed

·
Registered
345 Posts
Originally posted by liaqatali

A few days ago a post was seen on this forums in which it was asked that what's new in the next release of epsxe.One of the authors said compatability and If I am not mistaken it was Galtor.

So we have more compatability comin up for EPSXE,but can there be some more speed from low specs PC's like P-III (500 Mhz) etc etc

What I mean to ask is that is it possible
hey whats the specs of the rest of your system

if you configure it right, you might get some good speed but you are gonna have to give up some looks (eg run in 640x480 instead of 1024x768)
plus from what i hear, a decent video card boosts speed more than a faster CPU
i mean if you are runnin on an old school voodoo1, threre probably is no hope for you ever going faster but if you have say two voodoo2's sli'ed, like i had for a while running on a PII 233, you can run full speed 90% of the time with the right configuration

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by liaqatali
I think it would be insane if they start working on each and every game.I don't mean to disappoint them instead it would be great for all of us.
ummm, considering there are hundreds upon hundreds of psx games, i seriously doubt they are looking at every one of them. i especially hope they arent checking the compatability of those mary kate and ashley games or those barbie games..
they are looking at games that people have known problems with, ie. xenogears, valkyrie profile, to name a couple.. to which i believe is a very good thing.

you on the other hand, a pIII is still a pretty decent system. you need to do some serious tweaking on your end if you arent getting decent results. there are tons of things you can do to help your games run faster..

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Well a new version , new bug's , the only important thing is MDEC and the sound , they should be the main foucos four this realese , epsxe alraedy has an good compability an good speed , it even has savestae suprt as GS code suport

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
ummm, considering there are hundreds upon hundreds of psx games, i seriously doubt they are looking at every one of them. i especially hope they arent checking the compatability of those mary kate and ashley games or those barbie games..
Well, that's the way bugfixing works... they take one of their games which doesn't work,
trying to find out what's wrong, fixing it, ok, take the next which doesn't work, fixing it, and so on...

then, of course, they are checking again the first game they have fixed, and... surprise... it doesn't
work anymore, because a later fix created incompatibility... and the cycle starts again...

Compatibilty bugfixing ain't fun ;)

they are looking at games that people have known problems with, ie. xenogears, valkyrie profile, to name a couple.. to which i believe is a very good thing.
Ehehe... every emu user has a different opinion what's a "more important" game...
"mary kate and ashley"... what's that? Sounds interesting ;)

·
Registered
526 Posts
i was just wondering would it be possible for us to see the coding which has been done in epsxe i mean just a rough idea .. i just want to see what it takes to code up an emulator especially epsxe which is naturally the top of all emus ...

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
epsxe isnt open source so you cant do that.
if you could see the code, what keeps some idiot from ripping off their hard work?

·
Registered
526 Posts
hmm yeah your right ..there are a lot of people who would love to steal others work :(... still a bit of it it would be great to see the source just a bit of it . just to have a small idea thats all

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by campaign2016
im assuming (read as have no idea what so ever but am just guessing)
ff9 UK pal
and threads of fate
not that i know of..
ff9 uk has protection that is beyond the control of the emulator..
read my post above for the ones i know they are working on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any chance of a version which does not require direct x for the input, as I run NT
at work, as I am sure many others do also - and the emulator runs faultlessly
appart from the input - (no direct x on NT)................

:eyes:

·
Registered
356 Posts
There is some work to do with the sound... I don't get with any of the plugins good sound with Vagrant Story :( The speed would be greeeaaaat!
The epsxe 1.0.1 core plugin is so slooooow... over 10fps compared to null2s !!!
I got only 300mhz Celeron with Matrox G-100 (4mb) :(

·
Registered
56 Posts
I must add my oppinion here. I think that sound is diminished (how the "#¤% do you spell that word) in emulators general. I know that it is a really hard job to emulate sound plus graphics plus cdrom plus... as it doesn't take much for sync to break. Still i would love to hear sound improve. But maybe i can accept compatability...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Probably Parasite Eve 2 too. Also, when I last saw, there are about 1000 US games. Also, you have to make sure an emu works for all regions too... I hope they just fix the important games, not like barbie:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts