Next Generation Emulation banner

Generally...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thoughts and feelings on the matter. Do you like some or all of it? Do you hate it? Do you prefer modern art to other forms? Etc.

Edit: I mean art produced in recent times which is typically 3D or isn't usually in the form of a single drawing, painting or sculpture, and what's commonly also considered unusual or unconventional (or minimal!). While I appreciate most works of art (including some of these), I'm not an expert so I couldn't tell you for sure what the correct category is (if there is a single one). I recently went to what I considered a very poor exhibition so I wanted to get some other opinions on this art form. Here are some examples of the kinda thing I mean:

Some examples

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sure; I've used the wrong term - Minimalist art perhaps, or maybe surreal minimalism. I mean art produced in recent times which is typically 3D or isn't usually in the form of a single drawing, painting or sculpture, and what's commonly also considered unusual or unconventional (or minimal!). While I appreciate most works of art (including some of these), I'm not an expert so I couldn't tell you for sure what the correct category is (if there is a single one). I recently went to what I considered a very poor exhibition so I wanted to get some other opinions on this art form. Here are some examples of the kinda thing I mean:

Some examples

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,364 Posts
He did post some examples. Each letter of the word "Some examples" links to an image.

But in any case, I don't know **** about modern arts, so I can't give any opinions about them.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Gimme the old Masters like Rembrandt any day of the week.

However I must say what some people (like Fadz for example) can whip up on a PC is simply amazing...but there's a lot of garbage as well...and stuff which does not even qualify as art.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In general I like Art, but those are just ridiculously insipid and really, really boring..
You should've seen the exhibition I went to a couple days ago. It included such examples as a piano with a vase containing toothbrushes on top, and three panoramic images of a toilet roll factory. I mean, call me a philistine, but I felt robbed.

·
!
6,312 Posts
What you posted are art but fully of boredomz.

I find Egyptian's pyramids is SO art.
MGS games are art.
Fahrenheit the game is art
The Godfather movies are art
Memento the movie is art.
What Metallica did is art

:p

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
I like modern art, especially the works of modern Australian Aborigine artists. Some of the works I studied back in school were some of the most beautiful and inspiring pieces I have seen from today's artists.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.