Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive gotten very sick of my HSP micromodem that came packaged with my Compaq computer. I would like to know if I could replace my HSP micromodem in my computer to a Creative Labs Modem Blaster V.92 PCI Internal Modem — Di5631

IF ANYONE KNOWS IF I CAN OR NOT PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP

·
Registered
169 Posts
most likely

However if your current modem is a 56k and your gonna replace it with a 56k there will be no diff.

but to replace it just check tosee if you have an open pci slot, if so just slide the new card in...and if your current modem is built in just disable it via the system bios.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
the reason why i want to change it, is beacuse a HSP modem takes up over 50% of a computer's rescources, there for causing a slow connection, frequent computer crashes and disconnections, and terrible response time to other servers. I just wanted to know if i could change it beacause i want a modem that relies on its hardware for operation and not the computer's hard drive or processor for operation

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
That's right. HSP modems sucks. You should really try the DSP one. I don't see any reasons you can't have 2 modems in your computer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts