Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
God of War
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to add folders to wii game discs? or to add new files to existing folders? I know it is possible to replace existing files but I do not know of any way to do the things mentioned above. The reason I ask this is it should be possible to add custom characters to games like tatsunoko vs capcom , bleach, naruto, or brawl.
Thanks in advance for any help :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
I am uploading a video now called Naruto VS Capcom :)
I can do this with almost any wii game.

I will fix the textures and stuff soon.
Pretty cool, hope you can post a tutorial for it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hmm.... omo shiroi....
chrrox it seems yuo've replaced models, like the others i want a tutorial :p

·
Registered
196 Posts
Wow! That's some neat stuff! :p Swapping characters in different games, I never thought about that.

edit: Oh, wait, wait! ... I have a problem. I can't seem to load textures. I ripped the textures for Sasuke(EX3) and tried to replace them with Sasuke(GNT!4). Nothing happened! Neither with Kakashi, nor with even Naruto(EX3) and I'm just renaming the files. I tried putting the files in older revs and still no change. Why?
And, yeah, I'm sure I have Load Hires Textures checked.

·
God of War
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Model Swapping

I will post a tutorial on how to swap models from different games it is not extremely hard. I am working with a good programmer now on a max plug in to hopefully import and export mdl0 models and animations so we can make completely custom players for wii games.
I did not use any texture load feature in that video there and that is why she had that weird glow around her.
In this game to swap models you need the uncompressed files of the wii characters you want to swap. Luckily in all the naruto games the developers kindly left all the uncompressed files there for us.
So to start off with the most basic swap of characters of the same game
you will need to get the game to look for the uncompressed files. " I will post a more advanced tutorial of swapping fpk files at a later time" "also if anyone is interested in making an fpk extractor that would be sweet as i have no idea on the compression used"
so go into the fpk directory on the iso and overwrite the 0000.fpk of the character you want with any file other than an fpk file. the directory for gara would be ROOT\fpk\chr\gar\0000.fpk
now that you have that done you can look into the normal chr folder in ROOT\chr\ extract another characters folder so you have the files we are interested for now in 0000.brres
take that file you extracted and replace gara's 0000.brres with the new one then load up the game in dolphin. Now choose his first costume in a vs match and you will be playing as the new character with gara's moves.
Ill post the more advanced tutorial soon so you can swap models from different games but this should give people the right idea how to do it for now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow! That's some neat stuff! :p Swapping characters in different games, I never thought about that.

edit: Oh, wait, wait! ... I have a problem. I can't seem to load textures. I ripped the textures for Sasuke(EX3) and tried to replace them with Sasuke(GNT!4). Nothing happened! Neither with Kakashi, nor with even Naruto(EX3) and I'm just renaming the files. I tried putting the files in older revs and still no change. Why?
And, yeah, I'm sure I have Load Hires Textures checked.
The data inside the Load folder also has to be inside another folder that contains the game ID, like GZ2E01 for Twilight Princess for the GC. Look at the folder name where it dumped the textures.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The data inside the Load folder also has to be inside another folder that contains the game ID, like GZ2E01 for Twilight Princess for the GC. Look at the folder name where it dumped the textures.
I see, so that's how it is in the newer revs. You know that thought actually crossed my mind... but I didn't do anyting about it. I'll correct my inaction. ... Yup, works like a charm! :D Thanks, Toad King!

Messed up, yes, I expected it since the sprites' details are positioned a little bit different in the NGC and Wii game but at least I found out Sasuke has some neat sneakers. :p

·
God of War
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know why TVSC shows up that bright white it is due to the fact that each brres file contains multiple meshes of the same character and those other meshes show up as that glowing white.
This will work on a real wii if you burn the files after modding the iso.
Here is a fpk extractor "it lacks decompression" but this will let you swap fpk archive files if you rebuild the index table.
this is a quickbms script

get IDSTRING long
endian BIG
get FILES long
get NULL long
get ARCSIZE long
endian little
for i = 0 < files
getdstring NAME 0x24
endian BIG
get OFFSET long
get ZSIZE long
get SIZE long
endian little
log NAME OFFSET ZSIZE
#comtype lzss
#compression fpk
#clog NAME OFFSET ZSIZE SIZE
next i
Here is another video

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.