Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gameplay: too limited and jack-all-trades. being able to go everywhere does not mean to have a complete experience

music: bad. great immersive tracks, but boring. no boss music, no special events music... only the background.

story: MEH. as deep as a pond.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
gameplay: too limited and jack-all-trades. being able to go everywhere does not mean to have a complete experience

music: bad. great immersive tracks, but boring. no boss music, no special events music... only the background.

story: MEH. as deep as a pond.
oO Limited? Not a Complete Experience? Bad? Pond?

Have you ever played Oblivion :p

I don't like RPG's 99% of the time and i don't particularly like Oblivion but those words are things i would never dream of using to describe Oblivion. Very few games have the polish and Scale of things i saw in my short time playing that game. To each their own i guess.

And as for most moddable action RPG? Oblivion / Morrowind are about it.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
He mentioned NWN and that's a good example too. Other than those two, however...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes, but, you see, compare it to NWN: deep character characterization, dialogues full of lore, dramatic music.

I finished oblivion twice, and I play with mods, and sometimes I feel those limitations as a bit frustrating.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Don't make NWN's SP experience sound TOO good. I couldn't even finish it I got so bored, but I played hours and hours of it online.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
moddability, yes. Openness, not really. I could go anywhere in the world but, in the end, slaughtering anyone was pointless and changed nothing in the story. if anything, I spent more time in jail or killed more guards.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.