Next Generation Emulation banner

Modchip patch

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Samor 
#1 ·
I'd like to have the possibility to run my backup CD copies of PSX games with epsxe, but they don't work.
Why don't you insert in epsxe a virtual MODchip? Or create a patch or a plugin to use non-original CDs?

Thanks.

PS Give a look to http://www.pew.emuita.it/main.htm for epsx plugins!!!

#5 ·
or it could be that his reader can't read some variants of CD-Rs.

#10 · (Edited)
Your not alone.. I sometimes run games off an iso as well, but lately my cd rom drives have been working pretty good so I don't as much anymore.. I need the space for sega cd isos+mp3s.. hehe.. Actually, I have all 4 FF8 disks copied as bin files in my harddrive at the moment.. Haven't had time to burn them onto cd backups yet.. And yes, I do own the original game.. I just lent the game to my brother to play so I burned copies so I could play as well.. A little over 2 gigs in use for those 4 FF8 disks..

Back to the original problem the guy had as to stay on topic here.. Now, test^3... Maybe you can tell us how you burned those copies and lets see if you burned em right.. Or just play off isos like some of us do.. And which games are you trying to play by the way.. Whats your system specs? Configurations of epsxe and its pluggins?

#11 ·
Originally posted by El Diabolito
Am I the only one who runs ISO images off the hard drive?:confused: You know, "-f -loadbin D:\ISOz\GT2\gt2arcade.iso" or whatever.

No waiting for CD drive to seek, and much quieter. Of course, you have to have a s**tload of free space if you swap games a lot....:confused:
Ya ,me too mostly runs isos.Good speed and no waiting.Sometimes making an iso helps with a bad cd too.

G
#13 ·
yup, I recently got a dvd drive too, and while it works great, it DOES indeed have slower accessing speeds and stuff...fortunately my second drive is a plextor cdrw so no problemo :)

and I got a bigger hd as well, for ISO's :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.