Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I just got a p4 2.8ghz on a mobo that I just bot that seems to me to be flaky, it has no agp slot( inegrated bs) When ever I stress the system and I have any kind of sound going (mp3, movies etc...) it makes the music all slowed down and scratchy, a really horrible sound

then I have a p4 1.8 ghz in what I assume is a good mobo, it seems very stable and has an agp slot and doesnt do the sound thing the pc is about 2 years old

So I was wondering would it be safe to switch mobos or would the older mobo slow down performance on my new pc? and does the sound thing have anything to do with the motherboard or not?

·
Registered
780 Posts
I know very little about P4's, but you need to make sure the mobo you want to put the processor in would support that P4 (I dont think it will, but dont quote me on that). If I was you, I would get my money back and get one without the integrated video (integrated sound, however, is usually good in my experience).
Something else you could try is updating the sound drivers.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I guess the easiest way is to try. It's probably not dangerous, the only thing you risk is that the older mobo don't support the faster CPU.

·
Nobody Knows Him
526 Posts
I must say that i agree with WEXP, that is the only risk that the mobo doesn't support faster CPU.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts