sorry, my specs are as followed:

PIII 800EB
o/s winME
256ram/40gig hd
Voodoo5 pci card (64mb)

ePSXe 1.4.0
bios scph1001.bin
autodetect under NTSC or PAL
GPU: Pete's D3D Driver 1.51 (fastest settings, 640X480 win mode)
SPU: Internal ePSXe SPU
CDR: Internal ePSXe W9X CDR
MDEC enabled

note: I have the mmx4 ps cd but it ran slow in my dvd cdrom drive, so instead i used cdrwin and made a .cue/.bin file off the disc and run the game that method which is much faster.

·
Registered
48 Posts
did it work when you were using the regular cd, only reason i ask is ive never heard of the game, but i know there are some funky copy protections out there, if it did work before you made an image of it, try using Deamon Tools to mount the iso as a regular cd drive and try that. If not than no help from this corner (yet).

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I looked at the compatability list and it said the game worked perfectly with Lewpy's Glide plug. There weren't any entries about Pete's plugs though.
I also looked at a patch site(can't give a link) and didn't find any patch for MegamanX4, but I did see patches for MMX3 and MMX5. Sorry that didn't help much.

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Have you tried using software plug-ins? Megaman X4 is a 2D game, using a 3D plug-in will have no affect on it whatsoever (well, maybe some filtering). Software plug-ins are much better for 2D gaming. I have a burnt copy of Megaman X4 and it works perfectly in VGS, movies and all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I *think* EpsxE has a problem with MMX4 and MMX5 movies.

I only have MMX5 and for sure it does not display the 2 intro movies. Also I've read on a compatbility list that MMX4 works fine but no movies...

While in MMX5 this isn't too bad, it's pretty much annoying in MMX4 because there's a lot of movies explaining the story, 1 common for X and Zero, 5 for Zero, and 3 for X IIRC (can't you tell I love this game??).
HOWEVER, if the version you have is US you might consider yourself lucky because the US voice acting is HORRIBLE!!! I have the jap game (on Saturn :D), and some month ago I stumbled upon the PC US version, and I hear BAD acting...Plus, you don't get boss prefight speach, i must bear ingame voice acting ("it's not over yet!"...yuck...), and intro/ending songs are removed...:mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.