Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In MLRPG 3 I have gotten to the part where Bowser grows gigantic and has to fight the castle. But there is a part that requires the use of a microphone, and I have a microphone but I does not seem to do anything (I have enabled "Enable Mic"). I am also using No$Zoomer. Could someone post a workaround or a solution to this problem?

·
ಠ_ಠ
2,598 Posts
If you said you have enabled "Enable Mic" means that you have selected/clicked on that option once, then I can tell you that you actually disabled the mic function. Clicking on the same option again will enable the mic function back.

If you are still having problem with the mic issue, then try using Audacity (look at this thread for more details).

·
DS Gamer
113 Posts
The first you need to do, is to check if the mic is working with other apps (ie. Audacity or just the sound recorder from Windows).

Now, from my testings in other games, I can say that the "Enable Mic" function from No$Zoomer actually uses somekind of sample or hack (dunno exactly) for blowing only.

Anyway, at first I thought I needed to enable it in order to use the mic, but I was wrong. I disabled it and the mic worked again.

So, that function is convenient *only* if you don't have a mic and you are playing a game that needs the mic in order to blow (but perhaps it doesn't work with all games).

Try that, but also, if you could post a save file from the game, I could test it and perhaps I could get past it or see if there's other problem related to it.

Greetings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have managed to get to the third giant Bowser fight (the one where you fight that train), but I can not get past it because to beat it it requires a "Good" or better rating on the flame attack, but I can't get any better than "Ok." I'll post a save file as well.

·
DS Gamer
113 Posts
Nope, I'm being unable to use the save file you posted. Tried to convert it, using desmume and nothing. It only recognizes a blank save. Could you try again please?

·
DS Gamer
113 Posts
Alright, that save file worked fine.

To get past it, I used the Audacity trick were you choose another audio source instead the mic. The music from the game was enough to get excellent in all flame blows.

I attached the save file past that battle. Rename it accordly.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your help, but now I have another mic problem when I try to activate this machine. I have tried everything including the Audacity trick, using an actual mic etc. but nothing works, and I'm sorry to ask again, but can you get past this part?

·
DS Gamer
113 Posts
Here it is.

This time my mic did the job. The Audacity trick also work, you also need to add a song or music (with a media player), because the music from that part of the game isn't enough to simulate the blow... I tried some songs and most of them worked right away.

lol, I guess we have now a bunch of save files. Hope they are useful for other people too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.