Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Argg I don't no what, but maybe I was desprate to pay my tuition for school.

Being a Computer student in the computer industry, I have little knowledge of the outside world so I developed a habit of going to every job offer that responds when I fax or email my resume. BIG MISTAKE on my part.

What happened was that I got sucked into a multi level marketing scheme, but I went probably because it sounded legit. Primerica, World Financial Group are the two companies that tried to lure me into the scam. All they do is recruit recruit recruit no product.

Why can't the government focus on getting rid of these multi level marketing *******s?? These pyramid schemes are literally more dangerous than the drug addict in the corner of your neighbourhood yet everyone is so quiet.

Right now I have to earn my tuition again cause I learned it the hard way and being new to the real world.

Why arent students warned of employment risks such as multi level marketing scams?????? Its to dangerous not to.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
If you'd read the Skeptic's Dictionary entry on Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) you wouldn't have been fooled (also check the related entries, specially Amway, since they fool lots people).

That's why I have my own golden rule: if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

But you know the worst? They're a legal pyramid scheme. The government can't do anything against them. And the media actually supresses criticism against such schemes, fearing lawsuits. But you can find good info about it on the web, as the links listed in the Skeptic's Dictionary will show you.

Next time be a bit more skeptical ;)
BTW, take care not to fall for Ponzi schemes and the like :)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I had such offered on my college, even. I'm not sure if some of our teachers were aware of the fact that the 3rd party presentations were part of wide-scale MLM scams. But honestly, and I'm pretty sure Boltzmann knows what I'm talking about, common sense prevented me from ever getting interested.

They prey on those who want to believe that it works, and there are plenty who do; the way lots of business works. It's immoral and unfortunate, but I haven't really given it much more thought to be honest.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
i went to one of those amway seminars once.. some guy started talking to me in the mall and offered me food.. ;)
i didnt end up going through with it, though. could never bring myself to actually try to sell stuff to people..

·
Registered
608 Posts
Day by day Boltzmann feels more and more like Google... :p
You should make a website, man.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
stilz said:
Day by day Boltzmann feels more and more like Google... :p
You should make a website, man.
1. I'd entertained the idea for a while, not very long ago. Laziness (and a real lack of free time) prevented me from developing it any further :D

2. There're plenty of useful websites out there (and there's Google :p ). I highly I could make a real difference in this regard (i.e. actually adding content, rather than compiling and regurgitating what others have already written/covered).

Anyway, thanks for the compliment :)

·
It’s Me .. I still Exist
1,224 Posts
yeah morals get replaced by greed when things like that are created. I have never been caught up in one, but I have seen family and friends fall for some and lose out. :p

offtopic: Who reanimated Bgnome? :D .. long time no see, and nice to see you back. :)

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
well I think is ok to *just* listen to those seminars but DONT shell out cash your cash UNLESS you know that you have the guts to do marketing stuff for MLM... I've been invited to those many times already but you should learn to say NO when you find that its not worth the investment of time, money and effort...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts