Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANother Mk game is upon us, with it being released in OCtober. It is said to have ALL the MK characters ever made so i guess this would be the last game for mortal kombat.:(
But maybe midway sees that the series may have just gone as far as it can and just rounding off with the ultimate fighter game of all time.
It seem sthat youll be able to make ur own fatalities and fighters as well as choosing over 60 characters to fight with. What a game that could be!!!

what do u guys think?

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
I want that.

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
clouds bro said:
It is said to have ALL the MK characters ever made so i guess this would be the last game for mortal kombat.:(
with that logic, tekken tag would have been the last tekken game. so no, i don't see this as being the last MK game by far.

my only concern is what they'll be doing with the fighting styles. MKD and MKDA shared just about all the same fighting styles, only swapped around between characters. those games only had around 20 characters. with 60 characters, i have a feeling we'll be seeing duplicate styles shared by multiple characters (obviously not the same pair of styles, just sharing of one) considering they'd need 120 fighting styles to keep it unique. then again, that's assuming they all have 2 fighting styles like in the previous two games... i guess we'll just have to wait for the details.

as for a pic:

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
/cid looks at the image

That sure is one mighty blow to the balls :rolleyes:

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
KanedA said:
It will probably be the same as MKTrilogy, but in 3d... another old stake for fans... :/
unless they change things from the way they've made it in the past two games, i don't see why that would happen.

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
I have the bonus disk of Mortal Kombat Deception *damn, Electronic Boutique is selling it @ $17.99 now, and I thought $10 was bad* , and Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, and enjoy them, hopefully I'll buy the 1st disk to Mortal Kombat Deception and give it a whirl.

When the next Mortal Kombat gets released, I'll at least rent it.

·
Pcsx2 Lover
117 Posts
I think this is quite a good game where u can create ur own fatalities but
60 characters (ohhhh). I think to finish this game player have to fight with 20 or maybe 30 characters.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
OMG dats a cool pic!! BUT NO MOTARO?? hes soo cool!!
i dont think Mortal kombat can go much further than this. MK trilogy had 32 characters and 60 is a BIG difference, im thinking how can they make them all fit on a character select screen.
Im hoping they do not make the same mistake and duplicate the stances and costumes like the MK Trilogy male ninjas and I agree, fighting styles would probably be shared between characters. Even more importantly. I wish there is another way to unlock the fighters rather than play the game though 500 times.
One last thing I would love to see is Shang Tsung regain his capability of morphing into characters!
Does anyone know who that guy is to the behind/right of shang tsung with the white hair + beard?

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
Exodus said:
with that logic, tekken tag would have been the last tekken game. so no, i don't see this as being the last MK game by far.

my only concern is what they'll be doing with the fighting styles. MKD and MKDA shared just about all the same fighting styles, only swapped around between characters. those games only had around 20 characters. with 60 characters, i have a feeling we'll be seeing duplicate styles shared by multiple characters (obviously not the same pair of styles, just sharing of one) considering they'd need 120 fighting styles to keep it unique. then again, that's assuming they all have 2 fighting styles like in the previous two games... i guess we'll just have to wait for the details.

as for a pic:
I want that.

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
Vanit said:
/stirs up teh fanbois
don't even bother. we all know not EVERYone will like a certain game, no matter what it is. well, at least, I understand that. ;)
Nevermore said:
I want that.
and you shall have it... when the time is right. ;)

clouds bro said:
OMG dats a cool pic!! BUT NO MOTARO?? hes soo cool!!
it IS strange that one wouldn't be making it...

clouds bro said:
im thinking how can they make them all fit on a character select screen.
from what i read, it has to scroll over to show more. ;)

clouds bro said:
Im hoping they do not make the same mistake and duplicate the stances and costumes like the MK Trilogy male ninjas
you won't have to worry about that. just from the picture you can see they all look different.

clouds bro said:
and I agree, fighting styles would probably be shared between characters.
i suppose they'll have to give different moves to people sharing the same fighting style. but as long as they have different combos, it shouldn't be too bad.
clouds bro said:
Even more importantly. I wish there is another way to unlock the fighters rather than play the game though 500 times.
i imagine there's going to be another krypt system to unlock them all. i kind of like it though, since it gives you a goal to fight toward.

clouds bro said:
One last thing I would love to see is Shang Tsung regain his capability of morphing into characters!
i believe his ability to morph was removed due to the load time from loading the character models. its more of a hardware limitation, i guess.

clouds bro said:
Does anyone know who that guy is to the behind/right of shang tsung with the white hair + beard?
thats shujinko from MKDeception. the main character from konquest mode.

Xeon_2006 said:
I think this is quite a good game where u can create ur own fatalities but
60 characters (ohhhh). I think to finish this game player have to fight with 20 or maybe 30 characters.
indeed, but i think with the 60 included in the game, there'll be more than enough fatalities that you won't even be able to think up your own. ;)
and thats if they only have 1 each (and i doubt there'd be only one for each).

ArchIBaLD said:
wtf have they done with rain and where is scorpion?
well, they aren't going to keep rain (and the other ninjas) looking the same. now that they have the hardware, they'll all look unique. just look at what happened with scorpion, reptile, ermac and sub-zero in the previous 2. noob saibot is about the only one who didn't change.
not to worry, scorpion is in there (although i can't find him in the big screenshot). only motaro, as clouds bro stated, isn't making it into this game.

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
indeed. there's been a big increase in the ability to create fighters in recent fighting games. i imagine the fighting style creation won't be as deep as we'd like though, considering moves would have to flow properly. we'll just have to wait and see how they handle that. i tend not to create my own though, so its not one of my main concerns.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.