Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a strange problem when I install EPSXE 1.4.0 on a specific system: right at the beginning of the installation I get a "missing winexec or associated library ".
Now, I installed EPSXE 1.4.0 with no problem at all on 2 other systems , one is a Duron 800 with an Epox 8KTA2 ( VIA KT133 chipset) mobo and the other is a Celeron 550 with an Abit BM6 mobo ( Intel BX chipset ). Now BOTH 2 systems run Win98 SE installed from THE SAME cdrom
The system that's giving me problems is a AMD K6 with an Aopen AX59PRO ( VIA MVP3 chipset ).
I didn't have any problem when installing EPSXE v1.2.0

Thank's in advance ( TIA) for any help, tip or opinion ( even biased )

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, as far as I understand the missing executable can be obtained by upgrading Windows ( a real P.I.T.A. because I have a modem, and not a speedy DSL so that solution is ruled out ) or by as you tried ,installing the latest game I purchased and obviously that's what happened: remember my istallation fails if I reinstall EPSXE 1.4.0 right after reinstalling Win98SE ( what I did on the AMD K6-II box )

P.S. I searched the web for "windows installer" and winexec but didn't get any URL with a downloadable file.

Thank's for the suggestion I,ll try it at night and report if it works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.