Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a strange problem when I install EPSXE 1.4.0 on a specific system: right at the beginning of the installation I get a "missing winexec or associated library ".
Now, I installed EPSXE 1.4.0 with no problem at all on 2 other systems , one is a Duron 800 with an Epox 8KTA2 ( VIA KT133 chipset) mobo and the other is a Celeron 550 with an Abit BM6 mobo ( Intel BX chipset ). Now BOTH 2 systems run Win98 SE installed from THE SAME cdrom
The system that's giving me problems is a AMD K6 with an Aopen AX59PRO ( VIA MVP3 chipset ).
I didn't have any problem when installing EPSXE v1.2.0

Thank's in advance ( TIA) for any help, tip or opinion ( even biased )

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think it's a problem with your Windows Installer version. I've search around for an update for this but until now i didn't find any. I had a similar problem, so I tryed installing games that update the Windows Installer without success. Now the "missing winexec or associated library " is gone but I get the "Wrong windows installer Version" message box.

Since I don't have internet access on that computer, it's a little bit hard to troubleshoot my system (try downloading any Windows 98 complete service pack without using the automatic Windows Update so you can burn the update to use afterward on another computer....), but i guess that if you install win98 latest update, maybe, it'll correct the problem...

If you could try that I would like some feedback...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, as far as I understand the missing executable can be obtained by upgrading Windows ( a real P.I.T.A. because I have a modem, and not a speedy DSL so that solution is ruled out ) or by as you tried ,installing the latest game I purchased and obviously that's what happened: remember my istallation fails if I reinstall EPSXE 1.4.0 right after reinstalling Win98SE ( what I did on the AMD K6-II box )

P.S. I searched the web for "windows installer" and winexec but didn't get any URL with a downloadable file.

Thank's for the suggestion I,ll try it at night and report if it works.

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
sometimes when you install new drivers, the driver exe installs the latest windows install program.. That is what happens to me when I install my voodoo 5 drivers.... It only does it once and then after that it installs fine... It always happens when I reinstall windows.. After which it installs the latest windows installer again when I install my voodoo 5 tools.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have just intalled Paint Shop Pro 7 and it did a fresh install of the windows installer. I guess you could try that to. Just find yourself a buddy with a burner and a fast connection. (it's about 27 meg worth of download...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts