Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I just started using epsxecutor earlier today as I was getting annoyed messing about with plugins constantly. Everything's grand, I've managed to work out how to get it to run from isos, but when it loads epsxe it... doesn't? What I mean is, when I press escape to go to the epsxe gui it just quits the program, whereas when I load from epsxe rather than epsxecutor and press escape it will go to the gui.
The only workaround I've found so far is to check 'Start ePSXe GUI' in executor. But this means I then have to load the iso from there each time I start up. Any way around this (command line maybe) or will I have to put up with it? At the moment it means I can't minimise games I run through ePSXecutor.
Thanks.

Oh yeah, I'm running 1.6 epsxe and 1.0.6.3 executor.

·
Banned
58 Posts
I think I understand what you are asking, but the question I ask is why would you even need the gui present when you press ESC ? Considering the amount of option and flexibility that epsxecutor allows you especially when you are able to use command lines to directly load iso files using a certain plugin config as is just like just like a pc program - that is you theoretically can load psx games as though they were pc games without the need for physical discs in the drive nor having the need to mount them at all - just double click n play! ....wrap it all up in a nice pretty bow by using cover art of the games from google images and run that through your icon editor of choice and save as a .ico and there you have it - takes some setting up and some trial and error if you never done it before but the info is around....so anyway as I understand it all you would have to do to fix your problem is click one your config files and set the "show epsxe gui" to ON for all your configs or games...and problem solved - I think! Beyond that I think you will have to make concessions as I don't think it's possible otherwise unless you are prepared to run directly from epsxe and just grin and bare the extra clicks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only trouble with running it as "Show ePSXe gui" is that when it loads up, it doesn't automatically load the iso. I'll then have to run the iso manually from epsxe, which is annoying. But not devastating.

The reason I want the GUI there when I press esc is because it's the only way I can minimise. If I ctrl-esc, alt-tab or windows-m it just hangs when I try to load it back up. I frequently quit to desktop because I have something else to do or I want to check something game related, but I don't want to have to save, quit, then reload each time, rather than just pressing escape to pause it then run and continue to resume. Hope this makes sense. :)

And thanks for the reply anyway.

·
Banned
58 Posts
I see, I'm not sure it's possible when using ePSXEcutor to be honest pal....which is a shame really but then again it's not like there aren't ways...and besides like I said make concessions - either put up with ePSXe directly - or enjoy the sheer convenience (once set up and configured) of ePSXEcutor but make sure u do all ur extra curricular things before you start a gaming session for obvious reasons! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.