Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lewpy did you see millionaire. Someone just one £1,000,000! The world's biggest prize. And they worn't royalty either!
Damn IT IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
in the US, they had this thing where it rolled over
the guy who won got over 2 million US$
i dont know the conversion though
i am also assuming that by royalty free you mean that there are no taxes on it
but i agree the questions on the show (atleast the US) are VERY easy

i also think that they dumbed it down for the US since we were the first country to actually give away the big money and we've also had ALOT of winners

eg
$16,000
Who starred in the summer blockbuster Gladiator?
A. Russel Crow B. Samuel Jackson
C. Luke Skywalker D. Fred Savage

(OK the names arent the same ones as the show but damn every one knows that answer)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,441 Posts
some of those questions are idiotic. at least they do some research for them tho. not as much as jeopardy does..
does anybody watch "win ben stein's money"?
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Ben Stein owns you....

Too bad that chick replaced Jimmy Kimmel, he rocked.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,441 Posts
jimmy was originally the sports announcer for KROQ, the first radio station to play Love Line, i believe. He now does the Man Show with Adam Corrolla (sp?).. see any connections? :eyemove:
but yeah, jimmy is a really funny guy and rocked on ben steins show..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have they done the couples show in the states yet. Now that was interesting. One couple nearly had a divorce over it (she had the right answer and he wasn't willing to gample). I hope that they run one of thouse again.

Ps IMHO Tarrant kicks Regis b hind.

:wtf:
(after all he invented the damn show!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,441 Posts
there are quite a few shows concerning couples, but none of which i know concern money.
loveline is a kickass show tho.. its great to hear how dr drew and adam corolla comment on people calling in about sexual dysfunction, relationship problems etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by campaign2016
in the US, they had this thing where it rolled over
the guy who won got over 2 million US$
i dont know the conversion though
i am also assuming that by royalty free you mean that there are no taxes on it
but i agree the questions on the show (atleast the US) are VERY easy

i also think that they dumbed it down for the US since we were the first country to actually give away the big money and we've also had ALOT of winners

eg
$16,000
Who starred in the summer blockbuster Gladiator?
A. Russel Crow B. Samuel Jackson
C. Luke Skywalker D. Fred Savage

(OK the names arent the same ones as the show but damn every one knows that answer)
$2,000,000 = £1,395,999 to be precise. or

£1,000,000 = $1,443,000

That why we don't have a rollover

Questions are harder over here

The last person to reach the Millionaire question got a question on what the Literal translation for Kamizakee is. Easy if your from japan, not if your from Blighty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
they only had the roll over thing to boost ratings

but if i had options for the kamikazee question i could probably figure it out
most of the time there are a couple that just dont make sence
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Originally posted by CDBuRnOuT
Ben Stein owns you....

Too bad that chick replaced Jimmy Kimmel, he rocked.

Duuude! The chick is hot, likes to talk dirty, and she's funny! What more could you want?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Originally posted by RVWinkle



Duuude! The chick is hot, likes to talk dirty, and she's funny! What more could you want?
sorry but i agree with CDburnOut
jimmy was alot funnier
maybe cuz sex jokes between ben and the new chick dont have the funnyness (i just dont know how to put it)
although she is hot
 

·
Canadian Spaceman
Joined
·
8,767 Posts
Baka, please read the [rules]rules[/rules].

-Closed.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top