Next Generation Emulation banner

Migrating stored mails

709 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Boltzmann 
#1 ·
So, as most of you know I have a new PC. The thing is, I had a lots of important emails stored on my old HDD email client (mostly from University stuff, some from E-bussiness) which I need to keep. Back then I used Outlook Express, I noticed that it saved each folder in a file with the same name as the folder on OE and with a .dbx extension. Question is, is there any way to restore these files in my Outlook or Outlook Express?

G
#2 ·
assuming you have windows xp on the new system;
use the migration wizard; it's a built-in util in windows xp that easily transfers docs/settings/email from one pc to another.

just one warning: sp2 has an updated version of this util that's not compatible with the old one. So just use one version and you should have no problems.

#5 ·
Well, if you have the .dbx files you can import them directly with Outlook Express. Just go to File => Import => Messages and find the folder with your old .dbx files and it'll be done ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.