Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as most of you know I have a new PC. The thing is, I had a lots of important emails stored on my old HDD email client (mostly from University stuff, some from E-bussiness) which I need to keep. Back then I used Outlook Express, I noticed that it saved each folder in a file with the same name as the folder on OE and with a .dbx extension. Question is, is there any way to restore these files in my Outlook or Outlook Express?

S

·
0 Posts
assuming you have windows xp on the new system;
use the migration wizard; it's a built-in util in windows xp that easily transfers docs/settings/email from one pc to another.

just one warning: sp2 has an updated version of this util that's not compatible with the old one. So just use one version and you should have no problems.

S

·
0 Posts
it will import in outlook express first, but it's (AFAIK) easy to migrate to outlook afterwards.
in any case, you'll have a backup. always handy.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Well, if you have the .dbx files you can import them directly with Outlook Express. Just go to File => Import => Messages and find the folder with your old .dbx files and it'll be done ;)

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the PC came without OE which is why I wanted to know if there was any method to do it directly with/to Outlook... I'll try Samor's indications when I get home though getting OE again may not hurt...

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Oh I see it then. Well, I hate Outlook anyway. I always use OE. But I think that you'll be able to import them directly with Outlook too, since both are from M$.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts