Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, our Business Communication teacher gave us an assignment.....and I want to make it exciting by your help. Its about analyzing a campaign:

Case Study of a Promotional Campaign

Choose a promotional campaign which is occurring now and which you feel affects your life in some way. The campaign could be local or an international issue (globalization, ethnic conflict, trade, war, health). Start with something that you want to know more about, something that makes you angry or indignant, or something that you think other people should know about. Research this campaign, in a variety of media and from a variety of perspectives if possible.

Please submit a proposal for this project by Wednesday, September 28th . Your proposal should include a descriptive title, a brief description of the campaign, and a list of your sources.

Describe the campaign:
  • What form does the campaign take? (TV, radio, ad placement, billboards, public meetings etc.)
  • Where do the ads, announcements, articles, news stories appear?
  • What does the campaign argue or present?
  • Who sponsors it?
  • What symbols, stereotypes, icons are used?
  • Describe the language and imagery used in the promotion.
  • Who is the intended audience? How is the audience positioned in relation to the campaign?
Analyze the campaign:
  • What do the choices of media say about the nature of the campaign?
  • How is the language used persuasively? What rhetorical devices are used? Are there any logical fallacies?
  • Discuss the use of symbols and stereotypes.
  • Discuss how--what mechanisms--the campaign uses to persuade its intended audience? Is there an appeal to reason or emotion, or both? What sentiments, feelings, and desires does the campaign appeal to?
I will evaluate your assignments using the following criteria: quality of research, objectivity of reporting, presentation style, documentation, critical analysis of persuasive techniques, communication skills.

Due date: Thursday, October 6th
I don't have ANY problems with the presentation style or communication skills....I'm arguably the best in my batch in those things. ;)

But I am in FULL mood to cover Microsoft's XBOX360 campaign as I think MS is extremely aggressive with it. Double concavity.....HD era and all that etc crap :p

And well, I'm amongst the only 6 ppl in my whole batch who knows about XBOX360, ppl doesn't know much about games all that much over here. So its something I want to spread. So I require help from you guys, I want you ppl to pick a question from the above and try to answer it or solve it. If done one by one, it won't be a load. I'd REALLY be gratefull and I don't think anyone would mind. Your personal opinions are quite welcome too.

In other words, let's talk about MS's XBOX360 campaign in this thread ;)
I'll be really really gratefull.

If you think there can be a better campaign to cover than this, then please do PM me. I proposed the "War on Terrorism" campaign by US, but my teacher rejected it. Lemme know if there can be more "cool" ones to cover.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Please submit a proposal for this project by Wednesday, September 28th . Your proposal should include a descriptive title, a brief description of the campaign, and a list of your sources.
Isn't a bit late? Here by me its the 30 of September and you posted 2 hours ago. oO
I think microsoft is trying, their campaign is so far much better than the xbox campaign unless its just here. :rolleyes:

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
demon16 said:
Isn't a bit late? Here by me its the 30 of September and you posted 2 hours ago. oO
I think microsoft is trying, their campaign is so far much better than the xbox campaign unless its just here. :rolleyes:

Erh, another point I'd like to add. I'd prefer an input from someone where the campaign is actually existant (unlike my country :p )

And the 28th Sept date was for proprosals only on what we have to talk on. I can get it changed, not a prob for me but I have already proposed the XBOX360.

The REAL due date is 6th Oct.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.