Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just yesterday I have installed Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise on my TEST computer.The XP drivers for sound and chipset have successfuly installed while the video(graphic) driver failed to install.My TEST computer has the integrated graphic card which is shared also with my RAM memory.The XP video driver that I have on my CD-ROM disk is called "Intel(R) Extreme Graphics driver".--->That's that video driver that failed to install on Vista even if I set the compatibility level on XP operating system.I did however find the driver called "Intel(R) graphic media accelerator driver version 6.14.10.4396.exe" and it has been successfuly installed on Vista without changing the compatibility level at all.Now the thing I want to talk about...

When I install the video driver from my CD-ROM disk on the XP operating system,the graphic card,(under that "Adapter" tab),says that the memory size is 64 MB and ALL other informations are also available such as "Dedicated video memory" and so on...
But when I install the other video driver on Vista operating system,the memory size is 96 MB,most of the informations are also available,but not all and those who aren't are marked as "n/a".
WHY VISTA REPORTS 96 MB FOR THE GRAPHIC MEMORY INSTEAD OF 64 MB LIKE XP DOES AND WHY UNDER VISTA SOME GRAPHIC INFORMATIONS ARE MARKED AS "n/a"?????
I admit that I don't know the answer on that so please tell me.
By the way the TEST computer on which I installed Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise has 512 MB of RAM...lol.But everything works perfectly fast.

And now the most important thing...
Is it possible to use the Vista aero look under the integrated graphic card which shares it's MB memory with the system RAM memory???
I know that this is the stupid question because the graphic in my TEST computer sucks as hell,but IS THERE A WAY TO ENABLE AERO???
I tryed multiple video drivers,but none of them didn't enable the aero...
I was damn lucky I even found the video driver that actually works on Vista on this crapy TEST computer so I can at least move the windows and watch movies at it's normal speed...
But I can't turn on the Windows movie maker and watch some specific screensavers...and of course I can't use the aero...
IS THERE ANY WAY FOR ME TO USE THE AERO?????????

Thanks in advance!

·
Rpcs3 user :D
780 Posts
No, you can't. You are asking too much!. Vista is pretty RAM demanding, I was using Vista for like a year, but now I have change to Seven, it's less RAM demanding. Aero only works with no-integrated video cards, just a crappy one like Geforce 8400gs can do the trick :)

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Thats totally wrong!
I was one whole week w/out my 8600GT, as it's fan died, and had to use the onboard Intel GMA 3100, and Aero worked just fine. Not even a slowdown.

What you have to check is what kind of Intel video you have, and if it does support at least Dx9.

Use everest, or cpu-z, see what mobo you have, then check what onboard vga is has.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bah I have "Intel(R)82865G Graphics Controller" and just read that it doesn't support aero.Too bad...:(
Well at least everything works much better.Before when I had Windows XP,my computer was blocking very offen and now with Windows Vista Enterprise,the computer didn't block at all.Everything works much better.:D
The look is still pretty good with this crapy video memory I have xD
Who cares about the aero lol.It's important that my computer works good now.

By the way why do you use Windows 7?Wouldn't you rather wait until the final version is released?I know that is't better then Vista,especially for RAM resources,but still it's not totally finished.
I would rather wait until they finish it.I hate beta and prerelease versions...:dead:

·
Premium Member
17,148 Posts
S.T.A.R.S. oh boy!! how many times do you install OS on your puter??? i mean you must have lots of free time right???? could you give me some of your free time??? because with all that time i would be doing something better than installing different OS on my puter. :p

·
I'm sexy and I know it!
4,935 Posts
By the way why do you use Windows 7?Wouldn't you rather wait until the final version is released?I know that is't better then Vista,especially for RAM resources,but still it's not totally finished.
I would rather wait until they finish it.I hate beta and prerelease versions...:dead:
Vista seemed more like a beta than Windows 7.
At least when I was using it (no modification, couldn't be arsed)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
S.T.A.R.S. oh boy!! how many times do you install OS on your puter??? i mean you must have lots of free time right???? could you give me some of your free time??? because with all that time i would be doing something better than installing different OS on my puter. :p
Lol...
I have two computers in my room.One is the big PC and the other one is laptop.

Laptop is using XP and I did not install any other operating system on it for more then 4 years.
The big PC is the TEST computer on which I install many different Microsoft operating systems to try my C# code to see how it works.
Besides I am interested in how new operating systems work.:D
So I don't care if I format my HDD on the TEST PC even 4 times a day lol.I never put anything important on it.

Lol about my free time.NO I don't have my free time so much like you think.I do have it if you count sleeping,but instead of sleeping,I am doing this...:dead:Not always,but most of the time.:rolleyes:I don't sleep much anyway...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
S.T.A.R.S. MATE!! you really dont understand computers, you should gives females a go, you might get lucky. :thumb:
Yea whatever...

stars. Don't get your drivers off the cd. You're trying to install outdated xp drivers on a vista computer.....no kidding they won't work. get the vista drivers from intel's site and aero will work fine.
Well I have the Intel(R) desktop board D865GBF.Any idea where to find the driver for this one that supports aero???If it even exists...:dead::dead::dead:

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Looks like its too old, they havent made Vista drivers for it.
Download Search Results

You should give Windows 7 a go, since you like to test diferent OS.
You'll be amazed, if you think Vista runs well on your pc...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Looks like its too old, they havent made Vista drivers for it.
Download Search Results

You should give Windows 7 a go, since you like to test diferent OS.
You'll be amazed, if you think Vista runs well on your pc...
I already tryed Microsoft Windows 7,but I will rather wait until Windows 7 is fully finished.
Even thought I must admit that Windows 7 is one of the best operating systems from Microsoft I ever tryed.:rolleyes:
But Windows XP still rocks!
And Vista isn't that bad at all ^.^

This is the latest and the last driver for "Intel(R)82865G Graphics Controller"
Intel® 82865G Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)Â*Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (exe)

But for Windows XP, however it should be better than your outdated drivers. Try them and save them. Then tell us about the results.:)
Thanks a lot man!I was able to fully install this driver when I put the compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2.Still I don't see any differences from the one I already had installed.The aero is still not enabled,but I guess that's because my TEST computer sucks as hell lol.
Anyway the driver fully works so THANKS one more time.:thumb:
Nothing hasn't really changed from my last driver.I am still able to watch movies at the normal speed and do the basic things just like before,but I still can't open the Vista movie maker and some specific screensavers and features.Anyway that's not so important for my TEST PC.It's important that everything works fast so I am able to work normal.

Thanks one more time for the driver.It works perfect!:thumb:
Who gives a damn about the Vista aero on 100 years old computer anyway:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.