Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you even say anything,I KNOW that Microsoft Visual Studio version 6.0 is old as human race,(lol),so please do NOT start writing things like:"Why the hell you need that?","OMG S.T.A.R.S.","HAHAHAHA"...etc...

Ok now I have a funny problem I admit.Like I always do...:D
I have Microsoft Visual Studio version 6.0 for already long time,but do not have any service packs for it.I did however find service pack 5 and service pack 6 for the download,but I just can't find SP1,SP2,SP3 and SP4...
The reason WHY I need them all is because I want to see the differences in the bug fixes for each service pack.Please don't ask why lol...long story.Very very long...:dead:

So if you guys think you know where to find SP1,SP2,SP3 and SP4,I would be SO MUCH grateful.Even if you find just one of these 4 service packs I need,I will be grateful.Maybe some of you have used Microsoft Visual Studio version 6.0 in the past so maybe you have some of this 4 service packs I need.If you do,could you upload it for me?

I really tryed to find SP1,SP2,SP3 and SP4,but I just can't find ANY of these 4 service packs...all I find are just SP5 and SP6.

Thanks in advance!
Best regards from S.T.A.R.S.

·
Premium Member
19,572 Posts
As you know i´ve been trying to help ya since long time anyways i still don´t get your obcession to test different versions of visual studio .net, windows and now the oldy VS6. service packs indeed have some improvements but nothing big actually... just a couple of bug fixes or probably things you will never need or ever use... so.... sorry to ask that one more time but.....

WHY THE HELL DO YOU CARE??????? i may sound rude but its a bit pointless to me and i even doubt you will find them because even MS removed SP1 - SP4 from there servers if am not mistaken.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
MS removed SP1 - SP4 from there servers if am not mistaken.
yeh they have, was looking for the links for him and there gone.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
stupid thread is stupid.

a SP retains all previous updates and fixes as they are cumulative.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
stop looking :p, msft stopped support on this along time ago, they only provide the latest SP for it now.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha yea lol.Who would say that Microsoft still provides SP5 and SP6 :p
This is the super-ultra retired software I admit xD

Anyway is there some kind of torrent that has these service packs or something or maybe some of you who used Microsoft Visual Studio version 6.0 long time ago have some of these service packs???
Any possible resource would be useful...:D

·
Premium Member
19,572 Posts
Haha yea lol.Who would say that Microsoft still provides SP5 and SP6 :p
This is the super-ultra retired software I admit xD

Anyway is there some kind of torrent that has these service packs or something or maybe some of you who used Microsoft Visual Studio version 6.0 long time ago have some of these service packs???
Any possible resource would be useful...:D
Don´t get me wrong but this thread is indeed pointless... now why do you think MS isn´t hosting previous Service Packs while hosting 5 and 6???? think about it and you will realize that they´ve packed previous ones on 5 if am not mistaken and therefore its not necessary to have them anymore... so again it is pointless and won´t drive you anywhere to see what they changed.. just read the SP5 changes and be happy.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don´t get me wrong but this thread is indeed pointless... now why do you think MS isn´t hosting previous Service Packs while hosting 5 and 6???? think about it and you will realize that they´ve packed previous ones on 5 if am not mistaken and therefore its not necessary to have them anymore... so again it is pointless and won´t drive you anywhere to see what they changed.. just read the SP5 changes and be happy.
Of course I know that SP5 has all the SP1,SP2,SP3 and SP4 updates plus the new ones,but I need those older service packs for something else.Never mind what lol.

Did any of you guys ever used Microsoft Visual Studio version 6.0 Enterprise or Professional?It's hard for me to believe that at least SP4 is totally gone and that NOBODY has it xD...

·
Banned
7 Posts
S.T.A.R.S:

While I and others appreciate your attitude, however this endeavour seems a bit....disturbing.

It is pointless to use other service packs than SP6 for MSVS. Okay, maybe the Processor Pack has some merit. But other compilers are better.

Like MSVC2008. You can still link to the VS6 runtimes to save dependencies, if you really want to. Or you can take the second approach and program the entire application in x86 assembly, which is possible and not difficult, providing you have the right tools, that is :).

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol this will sound funny and pointless,but I barely found SP4 and SP3:D
Looks like that they actually still exists on the internet xD

Ok I agree that Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 is the best of all.I totally agree with that.The thing is that I have MANY video tutorials for Microsoft Visual Studio 2002 so I was just interested in previous Microsoft Visual Studio version 6.0.
By the way I noticed that Microsoft Visual Studio 2002,2003,2005 and 2008 each have ONLY ONE service pack.Is that true?Or are there more then one service pack for each version???

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nah I know for what I need them so I don't care if people think it's pointless and funny.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

By the way I found all 6 service packs for Microsoft Visual Studio version 6.0:D
The sites were a little suspicious,like they are full of viruses,but there I found SP1,SP2,SP3 and SP4 and they all work.It's not fake!:emb:

I even found SP1 for Microsoft Visual Studio 97 hahaha!:dead:

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Nah I know for what I need them so I don't care if people think it's pointless and funny.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

By the way I found all 6 service packs for Microsoft Visual Studio version 6.0:D
The sites were a little suspicious,like they are full of viruses,but there I found SP1,SP2,SP3 and SP4 and they all work.It's not fake!:emb:

I even found SP1 for Microsoft Visual Studio 97 hahaha!:dead:
im just going to come out and ask this out of blatent curiosity, what are you needing them for?

·
Level 9998
10,591 Posts
He said it earlier... he had many video tutorials that use previous versions of Visual Studio and would like what he is going to be using to be an exact version so he won't have to go "wait, what?" on those video tutorials.

Yeah...

Anyway, S.T.A.R.S., I'd suggest that you go pick up tutorials of later Visual Studio versions rather than trying to dig up their grandfathers for some "Hello World" videos of 19xx. I often find written tutorials much easier to follow for coders than video tutorials. I mean... you're a (or THE) coder. Why would you want to know where to position your mouse pointer, how to move it, or which button in Visual Studio does what? People just use shortcuts nowadays when they are debugging or testing, pal.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He said it earlier... he had many video tutorials that use previous versions of Visual Studio and would like what he is going to be using to be an exact version so he won't have to go "wait, what?" on those video tutorials.

Yeah...

Anyway, S.T.A.R.S., I'd suggest that you go pick up tutorials of later Visual Studio versions rather than trying to dig up their grandfathers for some "Hello World" videos of 19xx. I often find written tutorials much easier to follow for coders than video tutorials. I mean... you're a (or THE) coder. Why would you want to know where to position your mouse pointer, how to move it, or which button in Visual Studio does what? People just use shortcuts nowadays when they are debugging or testing, pal.
Lol well let's just say that I more like longer and complicated ways.I already said that few times in my previous threads.

Ok 95% of today's coders are using the newest products so they can make the same things much easier and faster.But I am just one of those people who wants to do it on longer and more complicated way.You see many bad things happened to me in my life and everything that I had a problem with,I was able to solve only on complicated and long way.Wether that is school,people who are murderes,lab experiments,computer programming and so on...
So let's just say that I am used to solve things on complicated ways because EVERY time when I would go to do something on simple way,I would always fail.The ONLY way that I would succeed was to do the SAME thing on a very long and complicated way.I mean after so many years,you get use to it.
Besides like I said...I have MANY video tutorials for C# 2002 and couple of them for C# 2005.

When I first started programming approximately 4 years ago,I used C# 2005.Then I bought a book for C# 2005 to learn few things that I wanted to know.Later I read on the internet that things that you can make in C# 2005 and 2008 can ALSO be made in C# 2002 and 2003,only on more longer and complicated way.After that I spent about 2 weeks testing the same things in C# 2002 and thinking wether should I switch to C# 2002 or stay with 2005 or even go with 2008.I knew that I would need to know more programming if I want to make the same thing in C# 2002 that I can easy make in C# 2005 or even 2008.So if I would use C# 2002,I would be forced to learn more C# programming if I want to make something what is very easy to make in C# 2005.Correct me if I am wrong,but I always thought that THE GOOD PROGRAMMER IS THE ONE WHO KNOWS TO MAKE THE SAME THINGS IN OLDER C# LANGUAGE THEN FROM THOSE PROGRAMMERS WHO ONLY KNOWS TO DO THE SAME THINGS WITH JUST ONE MOUSE CLICK IN THE NEWEST C# LANGUAGE.

Lol I remember one guy who wanted me to teach him something from the programming.He is a croatian like me.Watch this.He wanted ME to write him on the paper what he has to be doing to make super-ultra good programs.You know what I wrote him?
I wrote:"LEARN ENGLISH LANGUAGE!!!"
LOL the guy didn't know a SINGLE word from the english language.How the hell did he expect to learn programming?He didn't EVEN know how to use Windows operating systems,how to properly install games and programs...
In short the ONLY thing he knew on computers was to play games.Even today I am laughing to myself whenever I remember that.You see people that were going with me in my class do not know ANYTHING about computers,and programming.They "think" they do,but they do not know how to solve the simple missing file for ANY program or operating system itself.All they know is to surf the internet and being on that facebook site.
And THOSE people are telling me that I am a fool and that I am doing stupid things.They are telling me that I am stupid and all what THEY know is drinking the alcohol and pretending that they know EVERYTHING.
I remember in my 3. class of the high school when we had the COMPUTER subject for the first time.EVERY TIME when we would have tests,ALL OF THEM were asking me for an answer.I would always give them the correct answer and later when they would get good grades from the test,they wouldn't even say "Thank you." They would continue saying that I am doing stupid things.So one day I got angry as hell because I was full of those fools who are pretending to be the smartest people.We had big test from the computer basics which is the easiet thing if you ask me.Anyway NONE of them didn't even know the answer what is the difference between the CD-ROM disk and the DVD-ROM disk.They of course asked me for an answer and I told them.Only I told them the completely wrong answer.Later when they ALL got bad grades except me and few more guys,they asked me what my answers are correct and their are wrong.I just looked at those guys in the eyes and told them:"WHO GIVES A DAMN ABOUT YOU *******S!"
You see those people just do not deserve help.If they are an *******s,I will be an ******* too.

As for those service packs for Microsoft Visual Studio version 6.0,I simply want to see the differences in bug fixes.That's it!No more no less.I am just the guy who wants to know how old versions worked before when I was little.I don't know why you guys even want to know why I want them.All I asked is if ANY of you know where to find them.Why do you ALWAYS have to discuss about my questions???:???:
I just want to see something and ALL I asked is do you know where to find them.If you do know then tell me,if not then please stop saying crap.
Just say no.

Look I just want you all to know that I do NOT think anything bad about any of you.Just to be sure.

The problem for some of you guys is that you are judging me and you do not even know me.You are saying that everything I do is stupid and just laughing to everything I say.Just because I want some older things DOES NOT MEAN that I am a fool.I am not saying that you told me that I am a fool,but there are some people on this forum who are laughing to me all the time for no reason... -_-

I admit that I made SUPER BAD videos and SUPER BAD programs in the past.But for Christ sake that was my FIRST time in my entire life I ever made anything like that.You can't tell me that your first application was good as Mozilla Firefox...

Why do you guys ALWAYS have to comment about EVERY word I say????????????????????????
Why do you always have to make the fun of EVERY SINGLE THREAD I POST????????????????????????

All I wanted to know is DO YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND THESE OLD SERVICE PACKS...
That's it.

By the way I found them all so you can forget about this.
But PLEASE in the future if I ask you do you know how to solve the problem in the old program or in the old operating system,just tell me how to do it and if you don't know,just say that you don't know.Don't make a scene every time when I ask something.It's my personal thing "WHY" I WANT TO DO "THAT".No offense,but that's none of your business.Some of you are just laughing to me and you do not even know "WHY" I want to do "THAT"...

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
FOR ****'S SAKE. Do you have a brain at all?

Locked for obvious stupidity.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.