Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Members of a former software cracking group have discovered that audio files created with one of its cracked programs are distributed with each copy of the Windows XP operating system, possibly exposing Microsoft to a large-scale copyright infringement lawsuit."

Yep its true, i've checked it out my self.

Click here for more details:

http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20041115_135458.html

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
"Members of a former software cracking group have discovered that audio files created with one of its cracked programs are distributed with each copy of the Windows XP operating system, possibly exposing Microsoft to a large-scale copyright infringement lawsuit."

Yep its true, i've checked it out my self.

Click here for more details:

http://www.tomshardware.com/hardnews/20041115_135458.html
I just read about this in Xbox-scene. It's getting old already :)

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i just read it and since i didnt saw it here i thought it should be posted :p

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
Well i just read it and since i didnt saw it here i thought it should be posted :p
Fair enough :)

M$ is used to being sent to the court room anyway, so Bill isn't too worried.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But have they gone on court yet? Trying to find more info on it :p

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
With all their anti-piracy campain, it certainly doesn't look good at all.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
This news is so old. I read about it last month. The sound file in question was a contractual job and the firm that produced it was using a pirated copy of SoundForge. Microsoft isn't liable. The firm they hired to do the job is.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last month? Its dated 15 November, and old or not some ppl didnt knew/know about it :p And its more then one file. I found 9 so far.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
M$ solution to all problems. ( even if they may be innocent in this case )

1. 100 million dollars.
2. repeat one until problem is completly solved.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Metalmurphy said:
Last month? Its dated 15 November, and old or not some ppl didnt knew/know about it :p And its more then one file. I found 9 so far.
Yes, last month, because there was talk of this on several forums LONG before it ended up in the news. The first official story I know of came out around Nov 12th. You'll also find that most of the files in that folder are similar, because they were created by the same firm. They outsourced all the audio material for their tours.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
whell whell, what do we have here ;)

anyway, M$ is to powerfull to have any problems becouse of that incident :cuss2:

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
LOL now thats what I call software pirating. I have a new respect for M$... now I'm not saying its a good respect so... ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts