1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend showed me this a while ago, ah, f*** M$! :p

New Microsoft Patch Blocks Firefox Downloads
by Scott Ott

(2004-12-19) -- Microsoft Corp. today released a new security patch for its Internet Explorer (IE) web browser which prevents users from accidentally or intentionally downloading the new free, open-source Firefox browser from The Mozilla Foundation.

"Firefox is a dangerous and contagious browser that could seriously jeopardize marketshare," said an unnamed Microsoft spokesman. "Unless consumers take action to block Firefox, it could speed up web surfing and return control of user computers to the users themselves."

The source added that Internet Explorer is a superior product because it allows computer experts, called 'hackers', to control your computer.

"Who would you rather have in control of your PC?" the Microsoft spokesman asked rhetorically, "Do you want an expert who knows every line of the IE code, or some bozo like you who just walks into Circuit City and buys the cheapest PC off the shelf?"

Although Microsoft recommends that IE users download the anti-Firefox patch immediately, users who fail to do so will get it anyway within two weeks through Windows automatic updates.

Asked whether Mozilla's free email program, Thunderbird, could also pose a threat to Microsoft's Outlook, the spokesman said, "There is no competition for Outlook. We have not heard of Thunderbird, and we are not now preparing a patch to block it, which will be released in January."

Source: http://www.scrappleface.com/MT/archives/001990.html

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Hah. Now I've seen it all! :rolleyes:

Firefox rules!

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
you got tobe kidding me.

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
Uhm, I thought the sarcasm was quite evident.

Yours,
-Elly

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
LMFAO that is so hilariously fake:).

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
good stuff

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
My god, do I have to spell it out for you guys?
ScrappleFace, the daily news satire site, features new stories virtually every day. Scott Ott, editor-in-chief, leads the vast editorial staff of ScrappleFace to cover the globe like a patina of dental plaque.

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
FLaRe85 said:
:S why would anyone bother reading that stuff aniway? i mean...all you get is a bunch of lie all the time, meh
:hdbash:

EDIT: guess im just pissed i thought it was real.... :p :lol:

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
LoL ROTFL :D

good one, but remember ppl... everything's possible when it comes too M$ :evil:

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
エッリー said:
Uhm, I thought the sarcasm was quite evident.

Yours,
-Elly
yeah, seriously, anyone who cant tell is....erm..a douche? personally i'm sick of these sort of articles, after seeing a million they are all the same. i usually dont post on this sort of garbage but i had to voice my opinion and get out ;)

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
FLaRe85 said:
You are wasting your time... people with bias against a company will not listen to reasons... you know, M$ is teh evil and all that crap...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.