Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to playing age of empires 3:cry:I didnt install the expansions yet or play the real story. But just the backround completely ruined it in my first death match. I loved AoE1 and especially 2 with their own likes and dislikes but overall hapiness. But with 3 they skipped a couple thousand yearsoO its just like wtf, why not just play civilization?? And the whole battle system has gone to ****. And at 1440x900 on my HD lcd monitor, it looked decent, but everything was gigantic, and not the right style for an AoE game. I play 1 and 2 at 1280x1024 as thats the max for them, and i make a little bigger sometimes cause it gets too small, now i want it small and i cant:mad:

I dont know, i played it and wanted to vent on how bad my first impression was. Will make a Review a little later once i play it again and get everything down, may change my view of it a little. Although i still like the old greek and romans better:(

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
AoE3 wasn't too bad a game and the effects of the cannons when they smack into people is quite hilarious to see. If I were to rate it I would give it a solid 84/100.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Is AOE3 not medieval anymore?

That's why I liked AOE2 over Civ. I got to keep my horsies. I don't want airplanes. :(

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is AOE3 not medieval anymore?

That's why I liked AOE2 over Civ. I got to keep my horsies. I don't want airplanes. :(

its frieken columbuses time and discovering america and **** =/ that time period. I would give it so far a 65/100 just for the graphics and point in the timeline.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
AoE 3 is the black sheep of the microsoft family... even i hate it.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I remembering seeing a picture that showed five images, of the supposed five Age of Empires games. The first three were the three we know, with the first being really old empire times themselves (hence the name of the first game), the second being slightly more modern medieval, and the third being in Columbus's time. The fourth indicated a more modern (Civil, Vietnam, World War I/II, etc.) time period. The fifth suggested something futuristic and Halo-like (Halo Wars?)

Edit: Oh, here it is.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I should mention that that picture is pretty old (came in something related to Age of Empires III collectors edition or something or another), so it is what was going to be (it was confirmed that it was a serious picture from someone from Ensemble Studios), but perhaps not what is going to be anymore. I've heard rumors that it's been scrapped to do it that way for whatever reasons, and that basically, the series has been done with (for now anyway). Ensemble Studios is currently working on Halo Wars though.

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
Don't bother comparing it to the old classics. They totally surpass it in terms of entertainment and value.

Also, the story of the first quest is totally retarded. Why the **** would the Knights of St.John, which were based in Malta (I'm maltese btw), go up to America? Also 'The Great Seige' was totally weak, and ridiculously under-done. As opposed to AoE2 where I actually learnt about the history of Europe, AoE3 creates the most ridiculous and untrue story possible, and utterly distorts the actual reality of it all.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Its all this The New World Order bull**** i reckon :p

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
im bored.

should i play some AoE2 death matches, or go watch some anime...

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts

·
Banned
303 Posts
company of heroes killed age of empires

Age II was the best RTS ever untill relic brought out COH

Age III sucks big time

Ensemble are working on halo wars that looks pretty good, but i dont see them making a RTS to top COH

1 - 20 of 32 Posts