Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Well the patent isn't as bad as it sounds, since it only refers to an specific display method... however it show us yet again the potential side effects of the so-called software patents

·
7,168 Posts
My point wasn't against Microsoft making software patents, but againt software patents themselves :/

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Proto said:
My point wasn't against Microsoft making software patents, but againt software patents themselves :/
Who're you trying to convince? My post was in response to dpence.

·
7,168 Posts
Who're you trying to convince? My post was in response to dpence.
Then accept my humblest apologies; however you should make clearer who you are replying to, since the default is assuming you are doing so to the person above you.

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Software patents... Well, I wish someone made a difference between application software and embedded software.

This would help everyone: The hardware developers will be on a safe side - I read a very convincing explanation from a Sennheiser (headphone manufacturer) official who stated that most of the performance of a phone nowadays is determined by its embedded chips - and that many cheap companies are trying to copy it. The consumers and software devs will be satisfied, too, because noone can patent any kind of application type (like DVD burning tools etc.).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts