Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At the moment I'm trying to learn C++. It's quite difficult and confusing when seeing all the things for the first time :sad:
But that's not the problem (OK, it's a problem but not the one the question is about :D): Which is better? Microsoft Visual C++ or Borland C++ Builder?
I hope there are some experienced programmers in here, so I'm expecting much answers ;). At least some of the Plugin-Coders should be able to give me an advice:)

·
Registered
965 Posts
MSVC's IDE is unmatched, IMO, but some say it's compiler is lacking..

If you've got the latest service pack, it's fine, I prefer MinGW myself.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I don't want to cut your fun off, but depending on what you have to do, Delphi is a more friendly language, yet very, very powerful.

I mean, if you're going to write something like a plugin or an emulator, I think it's quite a good language if you're searching for the best 'sacrifice'/benefict.

However, it's all a matter of preference. If it's C++ you're trying to learn, that's wonderful!! It sure is the most enhanced language there is. You can basically have your computer make your everyday dinner for you. ;)

[edit] My vote goes to Borland's.

·
これはバタスです
6,338 Posts
Hmm, didn't Microsoft release (or are planning to release) a newer version of C? (I believe it's called C#, or `C Sharp') Does anyone have any information about that?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by Demigod79
Hmm, didn't Microsoft release (or are planning to release) a newer version of C? (I believe it's called C#, or `C Sharp') Does anyone have any information about that?
C# = Java ripoff... trust me on this one :)

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
c# is ms latest language which they develop to take over java ...... according to those who has taken a look at the language,they said it is very similar to java. You can get more information about this language at microsoft homepage.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the recommendations.
I'm already using the free Borland C++-Compiler and I'm pretty satisfied with it. But is their environment is as good as the M$ one?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts