Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Wait, i'm a little behind on MGS4 info. Snake is now a 50yr old in the new game? Wow...things will be certainly different, if that is snake. I'm so confused.

*waits to be beat with stick*

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Grandpa Snake = Not Cool. :(

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Well I didnt really get to think it over but after talking with hushy:

That pic isnt snake from mgs/mgs2, its big boss and/or solidus snake from mgs2 (note the eye patch). Of course the snake from mgs2/mgs wouldnt be that old because he is in otacon's age range. XD

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
PiggyFlyer said:
looks like its FMV shots and not in game shots.. they always advertise a game with fmv and not the actual game that your playing.. grr
Kojima never use fmv for his games.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Reichfuher said:
Well I didnt really get to think it over but after talking with hushy:

That pic isnt snake from mgs/mgs2, its big boss and/or solidus snake from mgs2 (note the eye patch). Of course the snake from mgs2/mgs wouldnt be that old because he is in otacon's age range. XD
Normally I really hate jumping to conclusions but here we go. First off Snake, Liquid and Solidus were triplets. If we look at the MGS time line we know that at MGS1 snake was already in the 40's, and by MGS2 he was in his mid to late 40's. So, it is very possible that in MGS4 snake is in his early 50's.

Look at the sneaking suit that Snake is wearing. Looks like something straight out of Foxhound R&D, and deffinately more advanced than what Raiden was wearing in MGS2. Now, MGS2 was divided into two parts with about two years between each part. MGS4 might be along the same line. Something towards the beginning to continue the story of Big Boss, perhaps where Big Boss gets his idea for Outer Heaven, and something starting a little after with Snake. We already know from the poster that was released when MGS4 was announced that Vamp, Raiden, Solidus, Meryl and of course Snake are coming back. If anyone would like to see this pic ask and I will find it. There also appears to be another person appearing in MGS4 as well, the girl from Metal Gear Acid. This brings me to my final point, and why I hesitated to draw all this out. We aren't including the events that took place in Acid1 and what's coming in Acid2. When those two games are accounted for then in the end we may actually be looking at Solid Snake in these scans. If anyone has any info on Acid1, or can point to a resource on it please share. Ok I'm for now.

Ninjis

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
im so behind i havent even played msg3 or acid(is that even out?)

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
It's hard to actuaily tell solid liquid and solidus snake's age as they are clones and the havn't solved the accerated aging problem so they age faster than usal and at a ireggular rate like liquid having white hair or solidus looking old while snake was relatively young looking, and in 2 years after MGS1 he looks like he aged 10 years, besides it's not Big Boss as he is missing his left eye not his right, it colud be solidus snake before he MGS when he was still on the US side

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
PiggyFlyer said:
looks like its FMV shots and not in game shots.. they always advertise a game with fmv and not the actual game that your playing.. grr
they do? thats funny couse MGS2/3 didnt have FMVs ;) all ingame cut scenes. and its probably gonna be the same with MGS4

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Well, what's so unbelievable about these graphics? And I don't like the idea of an OLD man in TIGHTS with an extremely annoying mustache *yuck*

May be its set way after MGS2 thus explaining Otacon and Snake's old Age. May be Raiden would be in the cooler age group now and his kid being a nasty teenager. Who knows?! :p

I am definitly excited about this one. Now the "No place to hide" thing makes more sense. Its a battlefield!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.