Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I recently bought Official Playstation 2 Magazine UK. On the demo disc, there is a .PSS File with the opening fmv of MGS3. Now, I really want to convert it to an MPEG file or another format that will play in a DVD Player or a popular video viewer (DivX, WMP, Quicktime, etc) so I can show a friend of mine at college the trailer. I tried to demux the .pss file using PSS Plex, so I can recombine them in TMPGEnc and convert them into (.wmv/.avi/.mpeg/etc), but PSS Plex throws up an overflow error bacause it can't work with files over a certain size. I could copy the pss file straight to a CD (no DVD Drives at college) and play it in PSS Player at school, but it refuses to load on their systems - so it needs converting. I thought maybe I could split the single .pss file into 2 smaller ones, but I dont know how. Any tips on this are greatly appreciated. Just in case it helps, trying to play the pss in divx only plays the video, not audio.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
IcePick could you put it on some server or something like that (medium quality for not heavy file)? :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cant really put it up from home cos its somthing like 70 megs, and on dailup....well, you know. But if you know of anywhere that offers free hosting then I could transfer the .mpg to CD and then bring it to college - use their bandwidth. Bear in mind that the quality of the .mpg file is slightly less than the original .pss file - but it is still leagues above (all?) the other versions of that movie that are cropping up on the internet that have been downgraded to save bandwidth. I could send the original .pss, but there could be legal problems and you would likely need a modified ps2 to play it. However, if a .pss player is used, you can enjoy the original, full quality video in pitch-perfect resolution on your moniter.

Oh, and schattenberg88: i found PSSDemux again late last night (deleted it having not used it in ages) and it IS better than pss plex - much easier to use and there is less messing about required when converting the output from it into .mpg. Thanks!.

IcePick

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
IcePick said:
I cant really put it up from home cos its somthing like 70 megs, and on dailup....well, you know. But if you know of anywhere that offers free hosting then I could transfer the .mpg to CD and then bring it to college - use their bandwidth.
IcePick
Hmmm... gonna look and think about it, or someone else, could help me/us? ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Your at college which means there is a computer lab with high speed internet. So just google "MGS3" and you'll get a list of web sites that offer the trailer for viewing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts