Next Generation Emulation banner

MGS3 review

6K views 64 replies 17 participants last post by  hellmasterx 
#1 ·
#12 ·
IMO i agree that its big boss, because it can´t be snake because he was a little "young" in the 60s
and the young big boss should look like snake or way arround because they are (
SPOILER

Fahter and son)
so this will be interesting
wbr Shin Gouki

#17 ·
Player-X said:
you know there is a spoiler tag
[ spoiler] [ /spoiler]
But I still would like to comfirm that (as it there isn't enough evidence)
Knowing that Big Boss is the main character of MGS3 is not a spoiler. If it is, it's the worst kept secret in the history of video games... Anybody who has very little knowledge of MGS3 knows that Big Boss is the main character. Konami wasn't exactly subtle about it.

Besides the point, it's set during the 1960's, the main character looks like Snake, and knowing that Snake is a clone of Big Boss, one can logically conclude that the main character is Big Boss. I don't really need extra evidence to figure out otherwise... because it's so damn obvious. I'm not one to make assumptions but this is pretty much clear cut.

#18 ·
Woah.......guys. I am amazed as to why no one is kinda talking about MGS3 so much. It has to be one of the best, if not, the best game of 2004.

I am done with it, and I think it is simply fantastic. The story never got anywhere as complex as MGS2, and still the dodges were nowhere near that of MGS1.....the emotional touch it gave was pretty good and the twist comes WAAAY late into the game, leading to even a few tears really. This game has damn awesome story.

The main character is Big Boss, but he isn't Big Boss as you play the game. He's Jack with a code name Snake, and he is utterly badass. But I felt him like a human, a reall human being and not a "movie hero" like Solid Snake. He showed anger, was serious, and .......erh.....well, another "element" I won't mention, he even cried...and he ....erh....kinda pissed in his pants too :p He was DAMN strong, stubborn and a man of his word with a strong sense of duty and patriotism.

MGS series is almost all the time about how the main character "matures" through the game. Like Solid in MGS1 and ......may be Raiden too but the character development of Snake in MGS3 is one hell of an experience. The ending sequence......I can't say that there can be better end that this. "Interactive Cutscenes"....I donno about others but the end "chase" was nothing short of a cutscene where I had a lot of control over Snake's few actions.

The story is the best element in the game. Erh, may be the graphics.......no the gameply.....no no.....the music...NO THE SETTING....wait......THE VOICES...I get it....OCELOT......(simply put, it is damn near perfect as far as a PS2 game is concerned)

And Ocelot....he has to be the best villain (may be villain, not sure on that) or best character in a game. No wait, The Boss is awesome herself too. In fact, she is TOO good to be real.....AAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGH

I am not saying anything else.......all thos PS2 guys, if you have a PS2 and you haven't played MGS3 then I donno what to say to you guys....go and get it already. Finish it up so that we have a nice "FULL OF SPOILER" discussion on this awesome software.

I mean, after playing it, I felt like it is now that my purchase of PS2 is justified....really.

#20 ·
What I have heard, the snake you play in MGS3 is codenamed Naked Snake. Yes, this does sound a bit off bit it probably true. Also, he is a clone as well as Solid Snake. They say similar lines in simillar moments.

Edit: Anyway, does anyone know, when MGS3 reaches Europe?

#21 ·
I am amazed as to why no one is kinda talking about MGS3 so much
thats cuz i think many ppl are still playing :) im savouring the experience . half-who?

#22 ·
Prafull said:
Hmm... Games reach pakistan quickly than india. ;)

BTW your review was very good as always. I wonder if a pc version will be released any soon.
Hmm, still I have not heard anything about the PC version. But MGS3 + higher resolution + FSAA = kickass graphics. Other than that, I think the camera will bug the PC FPS lovers. And prafull, the review still isn't here. I may still be a little TOO biased now that I have recently finished this game, I'll review it after my second time through it where I'll put more focus on its gameplay.

thats cuz i think many ppl are still playing :) im savouring the experience . half-who?
I guess you're right. Half-who....LOL, seriously I want to play this one too but didn't get the time to go and buy it :p

MGS3 owns pretty much any game I have played to date. The only place where MGS1 is better is the characters of its non-important bosses. I mean, like Raven or Sniper Wolf, they were awesome and hada developed character in the game. MGS3 had too many characters to make the Cobra Unit (its name for other bosses) develop character. The gameplay during the boss fights is utterly awesome really. And the way those guys use camos is fantastic. I mean, in my first time through, I was actually owned by "The End" one of those bosses who had a "little" bit of character. The Fury wasn't bad too. But the main bosses.....maaaaaan they're awesome. Specially the very last fight. And the music that runs by the end of that fight....

You see, even if I am not reviewing this game, it gets damn hard for me to shut my mouth when I talk about it :p

#25 ·
Hanamichi said:
Im playing it as well, so far the storyline is pretty good but I cant get past The Sorrow. Its becoming frustrating for me after trying like 3 times. Anyone hint me on what to do? :(
what to do?

Well, actually you don't have to do anything. When the "Snake is Dead" message appears, press L2 and select the Revival Pill from the menu and use it so Snake will wake up from his half death. Cool, I agree ;) It is followed by very touching scene later on when he tried to catch a butterfly.

^----> Spoiler for those who are not at this point, not a spoiler for you Han.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.