Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just in case some of you experience problems like me with MGS(slow XA sound when PC fps is activated,stuttering,etc...) using Pete's DSound here's a solution: use Eternal spu 1.1 and enable the new SPU IRQ--wait CPU action function similar to SPU IRQ queue in Pete's DSound Plugin, and remember to deactivate SPU IRQ hack in ePSXe and enable PC FPS calculation in Pete's GPU.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Its close to perfection on my slow pc using eternal 1.1 and pete d3d.Atleast the text lagging and stuttering problems are solved simultaneously in this one.Only few minor sound glitches left.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by prafull
Its close to perfection on my slow pc using eternal 1.1 and pete d3d.Atleast the text lagging and stuttering problems are solved simultaneously in this one.Only few minor sound glitches left.
Sorry to say this but, the text still lags after a while.. Watch and listen to the codec talk scenes and you will notice that after a long while of listenning, the text starts lagging more and more.. Still, its way better than with petes spu though..

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8

Sorry to say this but, the text still lags after a while.. Watch and listen to the codec talk scenes and you will notice that after a long while of listenning, the text starts lagging more and more.. Still, its way better than with petes spu though..
Ya good observation,it seems to be lagging in long consversations.I hope another version and it will be perfect.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
well at least is corrected that bug that makes high resolution ever checked

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
did you you guys experience the one that indicates a cd in the upper right corner i try turning on and of the pc fps but still the video a sound lagged at some point

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well, i tried using eternal plugin, it works well, but for some reason my speaker keeps crackling. This only happens for eternal though, anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Eteranl SPU , has brougt sound emulation to the next level ! Pete's plugin was near it , but never achived it ! Respect .:cool:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by FireGL
did you you guys experience the one that indicates a cd in the upper right corner i try turning on and of the pc fps but still the video a sound lagged at some point
Ya,I did.
I think it used to happen in fmvs only though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hmm... Tried Eternal SPU, the sound still repeats a bit, and the text is still out of sync with the speech ...

I guess MDEC still crashs?

I'm running a P4 1.4 GHz with ATI Radeon DDR
Wonder if it has anything to do with my video card.

Comments?
:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts