Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why did they only make MGS 1 and 2 for pc why not nr 3 i like this game?

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
why did they only make MGS 1 and 2 for pc why not nr 3 i like this game?
Because both MGS1 and MGS2 failed miserably from a technical standpoint. They required bunch of patches and fixes to run properly on certain systems. If not most, that is.

Konami is just not big on releasing games on PC. Too many things to do for them.

That said, though, a PS2 slim is $100 brand new... and MGS3 Subsistence can be picked up at $20 brand new, or $15 used.

·
!
6,312 Posts
Because both MGS1 and MGS2 failed miserably from a technical standpoint. They required bunch of patches and fixes to run properly on certain systems. If not most, that is.

Konami is just not big on releasing games on PC. Too many things to do for them.

That said, though, a PS2 slim is $100 brand new... and MGS3 Subsistence can be picked up at $20 brand new, or $15 used.
Maybe.

MGS 1 Works Perfectly on Win98, as for Mgs 2 it's works finely too, just Download that known Fix for Geforce+ATi. They didn't make MGS3 for Pc because it's exclusively on PS2, Sony paid for them i believe.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i like MGS series but i dont have a PS consold and i play more pc then consold ;(

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Maybe.

MGS 1 Works Perfectly on Win98, as for Mgs 2 it's works finely too, just Download that known Fix for Geforce+ATi. They didn't make MGS3 for Pc because it's exclusively on PS2, Sony paid for them i believe.
Well, I'm sure as heck you still can't see Solid Snake's shadow in the Vamp cutscene in Strut B of Big Shell... because... I was the one that discovered that hex edit trick and made the patch back in those days. :(

There are also other silly stuffs such as bad texturing on characters and bad alpha for hairs, and blah, blah blah in MGS2 for PC. Those were all because Konami was not familiar with making PC games. MGS1 was okay to some extend, but it wasn't a blast either. And MGS2 was so problematic (hardware, and gameplay wise) with bugs that not too many wanted to play it on PC. I personally went through that game more than 5 times on the PC so I know how it was like...

No, Sony didn't buy MGS3. Konami just did not have the technical knowledge to port it outside of the PlayStation 2 platform. Same reason why MGS4 is not appearing on any other platform even if it is theoretically possible to make a game like that for other platforms as well...

But you gotta admit, they know the PS2 inside and out, enough to make MGS3, and they knew a fair bit of the PS3 to make MGS4. Reason? Well... you can read about it here. Personally, I think... they've been familiar with the PS structure ever since the PS1, and one thing Sony is good at is keeping consistency of the development curves of their consoles, or at least keep the technical parts close to each other, so it was easy for PS1 developers to transition onto PS2, and now it might be easy to transition from PS2 to PS3 as well. If not, there's no other way to explain how GTHD, GT5P, Little Big Planet, MGS4, and Killzone 2 came about. It's still fairly early in the PS3's lifespan, and it's already caught up to other platforms that have been out much longer, in terms of technology and game quality.

If the XBox360 is easy to develop for, that might be because its developers are familiar with PC programming already. We can see from the past that... Konami and Square, two of the many big guys in the PS family, always had problems with PC ports. Heck, Crapcom also had problems until recently. The difference is that Crapcom tried and made efforts on the PC part, and they made a lot of efforts with the 360 as well. S-E might have seen that and are starting to do the same thing (Star Ocean 4 anyone?), but Konami might still have a long way to go.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx for the info ;)

when i did play the MGS 2 on the pc i did only have a problmen whit intro and i did fix it and for the hole game it was no problem for me

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
*facepalm*
i think that you have ps2 and ps3 why u bother to play it on the pc "perfectly"?:lol:
Because I don't have the game on my PS2? :p Between picking up a graphics card for $10-15 (shipping and handling included) for a game I already owned, and picking up a game (Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance) at $17 at the local GameStop, I'd rather do the prior. Also because I couldn't resist a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 on eBay for $14 shipped earlier. :emb:

Also because the game is more likely to run at higher res on the PC than on the PS2. ;p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.