Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
I just picked up this game today. (Thanks for reminding me that it just came out!:thumb:)

Anyway, I obviously have the NTSC-U version and the game *appears* to brandish a golden tint, suggesting that the game is DVD9. I assume that the NTSC versions will be unplayable due to this. I haven't yet tested it in Dolphin as the game is still dumping. I'll update after testing.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Metroid Prime 1 - 1.5GB
Metroid Prime 2 - 1.5GB
Metroid Prime 3 - 2.5+GB

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
Interestingly, the game starts just fine! I expected to see the same "insert disc" error that SSBB NTSC gives.

Unfortunately, only the bootloader runs. The trilogy loads a boot menu of sorts that plays an intro video, allows you to pick a Mii (to represent your savegame), and allows you to choose your game and the game's difficulty (normal or veteran).

Before choosing the game, however, the game will attempt to connect via WiiConnect24. Just wait until it times out and continue.

I've noticed on my Wii that the Wiimote disconnects and then reconnects after I have picked the game I want to play. This suggests that the loader points to the appropriate gameboot. I suppose this is why Dolphin cannot continue as loading another gameboot is probably not supported at the moment. You just end up with a black screen and frames no longer being rendered.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
to get the single games to work you have to take apart that iso and change the DOLs...in the Dolphin forum someone described the process in the MPTrilogy thread.
Then you can boot MP 1, 2, & 3 - only with LLE plugin, though.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
to get the single games to work you have to take apart that iso and change the DOLs...in the Dolphin forum someone described the process in the MPTrilogy thread.
Then you can boot MP 1, 2, & 3 - only with LLE plugin, though.
Thank you for the info. ;)

I've thought about trying this method but never got around to actually doing it. Sucks that it requires the LLE plugin. :(

Trilogy is all of them combined into one disc?
Yup. Playing Metroid Prime 1 & 2 with the Wiimote is great fun. Also makes the battle with Ridley in MP1 A LOT easier.

·
Emulator FAN
549 Posts
I've only beat 1 and 2. My wii isnt working properly sent it back to nintendo for repairs so I never got to beat part 3 yet. I wish the emulator worked correctly with it but I appreciate the hard work they put into it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.