Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does someone have a solution to this because I can't proceed in Metroid Prime unless I get past this part.

Basically every single time, the game freezes at this exact point in the phazon mines.

Screenshot here:
http://i38.tinypic.com/2mc95ah.jpg (the game has locked up at this point but I was able to take the screenshot in time)

This is at the room where you have to fight the second elite pirate mini-boss (the one who absorbs energy). I believe it's the room right before you get the power bombs.

My system specs are in my sig. I am now using Dolphin version SVN R4556 (x64). The plugins I am using are:

Video: Dolphin Direct3D9
Audio: Dolphin DSP HLE Plugin
Input: Dolphin KB/X360 Pad

Any ideas? Is this a known glitch? I tried searching the forums and I could not find anything on this matter. I assumed the game was playable right through to the end.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it still crash if you disable dual core.
Just tried it now (a painfully slow experience considering the distance between the last save point) and yes it still crashes with dual core off.

·
Registered
454 Posts
What about Optimize Quantizers? Did you try to disable it? Often it creates problems in games.

Oh, and try to use the OGL plugin with the Safe Texture Cache. It's what I used for it when I played it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about Optimize Quantizers? Did you try to disable it? Often it creates problems in games.

Oh, and try to use the OGL plugin with the Safe Texture Cache. It's what I used for it when I played it.
Optimize Quantizers was already disabled when I tried it the last time (with dual core also disabled) but no dice. I did not try the opengl plugin though (since the scanner does not work properly with it). It's not just the video locking up though, the entire emulator freezes.

·
Registered
454 Posts
The OGL plugin HAS the scanner right if you use the Safe Texture Cache.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The OGL plugin HAS the scanner right if you use the Safe Texture Cache.
Ok I got the scanner working with the OGL plugin. Still crashes in the exact same spot.

Oh, hi there
I've regitered just because I feel like helping you :)
I had this problem too, and I was desperate. Turns out, what was the problem? I was using DolphinIL. Use Dolphin.exe and it will work...!
Sorry, I missed your post (I was typing my reply up at the same time). I'll have to try that when I get home. Thank you.

EDIT: Yup, that did the trick. Now the sad fact is that I am going to have to switch to the slower OGL plugin because the direct3D one does not fully sport EFB access and thus non-working x-ray vision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.