Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Since other people posting here have had success in running it, it may be that your disk is bad.

Try making an image of it and running with that. In your image making program, make sure it does [highlight]not[/highlight] ignore or skip errors, and that you have it set to retry as many times as possible. You might also want to limit the read speed to improve the chances of reading the disk.

You could also check the disk quality by running Nero CD-DVD Speed on it, or by trying it in your PS1 or PS2 or in a friend's PS1 or PS2.

Dan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well I suggest using the neo geo version. It's fast and the emulator is out for quite some time and there is no need for isos or cds. BTW: Metal Slug rox. :D
PS: If my post is either useless or meaningless then the excuse is that i'm simply too drunk too post useful or meaningful things. PPS: If you find any incorrect spelling or grammar you can keep it.(For free). PPPS: Alcohol is baaad(notice the faulty spelling....).SpamSpamSpamSpam beautiful Spam, wonderful Spam!!
:eyemove: :eyemove:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Try and figure out what is different software-wise between your computers and work from there. If you can't get it to work using the same plugins and setting as used on your friend's computer, then give us what you have as far as progress if any...

·
Registered
183 Posts
What kind of video card are you using? Have you updated your drivers lately? Have you tried Pete's Software plugin? What plugin gives you the 20x speed? Can you set a FPS limit in it to fix the speed (try Auto FPS limit and either 60 for NTSC or 50 for PAL manual limit to see if either work)?

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
Shu-chan said:
Well I suggest using the neo geo version.
That's illegal as long as you do not own the console machine at your house.

Following bluekirby's instructions, go Config--->Video and then press Configure.
From there set your FPS Limit to On and force it to 60.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I seem to be having trouble getting this plugin to try it out...I find dead links to it in quite a few places...or maybe my firewall is keeping me from d/ling since it blocks referrers...at any rate, I'm too lazy to disable my firewall, so If you have a working link to a d/l page for it, I would appreciate it. I will be glad to try it out and get a feel for it so I can make some suggestions.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well it doesn't look as good as Pete's/PEOpS plugins, but it seems to require little configuration and fixes some of the obvious problems I have seen b4 in other D3D plugins. With further testing (like, after I find my missing gamepad) I should have some more specifics and maybe have found a cause for your problems with it. If you are sure Pete's plugins aren't going to work for you, then fixing this seems to be the best option.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Shu-chan said:
Well I suggest using the neo geo version. It's fast and the emulator is out for quite some time and there is no need for isos or cds. BTW: Metal Slug rox. :D
PS: If my post is either useless or meaningless then the excuse is that i'm simply too drunk too post useful or meaningful things. PPS: If you find any incorrect spelling or grammar you can keep it.(For free). PPPS: Alcohol is baaad(notice the faulty spelling....).SpamSpamSpamSpam beautiful Spam, wonderful Spam!!
:eyemove: :eyemove:
So this IS the same game as the NeoGeo Version? Played all 4 of them... plus Metal Slug 2 X. I hear there's a 5th one out. I'll definately have to check that out sometime.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.