256MB DDR Memory
32MB NVIDIA GeForce2 MX With TV Out
Sound Blaster Live Value.
harman/kardon speakers.

I'll get the other specs later.

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Actually i use FPSE when playing MGS, i use the config liquid posted awhile back.. might want to check that out.. or ask fivefeet8 or look through some of fivefeet8's posts.. :p

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Oh my Gosh,
Gk posting outside offtopic.Must be a dream.:eyes:

Ok anyway.I think you didnt needed to post that question about mgs.Already been discussed a lot.

Ok try searching for what xeven told you.Here is some hint.Use eternal spu 1.1,pete's gpu plugin ,turn on pc fps under special game fixes and turn off mdecs(they crash the game).

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by prafull
Oh my Gosh,
Gk posting outside offtopic.Must be a dream.:eyes:

Ok anyway.I think you didnt needed to post that question about mgs.Already been discussed a lot.

Ok try searching for what xeven told you.Here is some hint.Use eternal spu 1.1,pete's gpu plugin ,turn on pc fps under special game fixes and turn off mdecs(they crash the game).
all right. Thanks d00ds.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I use Eternal 1.1 and Pete's OGL 1.54, works fantastic.

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.54
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce2 MX/PCI

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - Desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 4
- Caching: 2

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: on [00000180]

Be sure MDECs are off and FPS calc are on like prafull said... for some reason MGS runs at 30 FPS and not 60, or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Anyhoo, there ya go.

·
8+ Years
2,796 Posts
I have no idea because mine is very slow. :p

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I finally got my hands on mgs pc demo about an hour ago at my friends place and its really a crap in comparison to epsxe though it was running on much higher specs and much better video card.

*No one replied to my question in above post about quality of graphics in that pic*

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by prafull
I finally got my hands on mgs pc demo about an hour ago at my friends place and its really a crap in comparison to epsxe though it was running on much higher specs and much better video card.

*No one replied to my question in above post about quality of graphics in that pic*
weird...am I the only one who doesnt have problems with the pc port? I thought it ran pretty well.....

S

·
0 Posts
the quality in that pic looks good to me.
I'll reinstall my mgs pc and see if it really runs that crappy, but from what I remember it was decent.
Maybe the demo just sucks?

the pc version is missing the blur effect though, but I can live with that.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by Samor
the quality in that piclooks good to me.
I'll reinstall my mgs pc and see if it really runs that crappy, but from what I remember it was decent.
Maybe the demo just sucks?

the pc version is missing the blur effect though, but I can live with that.
Ya, may have to do something with the blur effect.The game was running with decent graphics but it just didnt have that special epsxe touch.
Neway after completing the game on fpse,epsxe and cvgs playing the pc demo looked like piece of cake,just too short and just too easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts