Next Generation Emulation banner

Metal Gear Solid

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  hushypushy 
#1 ·
I know many people have asked about MGS, but none of the other threads have seemed to help.

When I play MGS (ISO), cutscenes are very jittery and the sound is choppy. Sometimes during a scene, a little CD icon will appear in the upper right hand corner of my screen. I guess that means its loading or something. Another thing it did was the screen just turned black, I started to hear a clicking sound from my speakers, and ePSXe froze. Anyway, can anyone tell me the best video and sound plugin configurations for my specs?

P4 2.6 GHz
512 MB RAM
GeForce MX 440

I guess that's all you need to know. If you need me to tell you anything else, just let me know.

EDIT: For the plug ins, just let me know which plug in is best and I'll download it. A specific kind doesn't matter to me, just one that works.

#5 ·
don't, i repeat DO NOT use Eternal for MGS. it will work but it's a struggle and it sucks. use Pete's Dsound. as my forensics teacher always says when we have to make our presentation, "it may seem obvious to you but please point out to the rest of the class..." , i will say here, check off the MGS special game fix.

#6 ·
Well, I got PEOPS and it works now. Not perfectly, but it works. The video/responsiveness of the game during boss fights (at least Ocelots) is a little slow, but I can live with that. Codecs skip sometimes too, but I can get through cutscenes now and the audio will play without skipping. If anyone has any video settings they think are best, that'd be great. If not, I can live with the way it's set up now.

#7 ·
I'm having another problem.

I'm at the point of the game where I need to switch discs. Whenever I try though, the game will restart and I'll open my codec and call Mei Ling to save. She says "Hey, what's up Snake?" and then the game freezes. I've tried everything. Changing the CD with an ISO, Virtual Drive of the ISO, the actual CD, ePSXe 1.52, a front end, and none of them work.

This problem just seems to be that exiting to the GUI and then continuing the game seems to screw it up. It's happened every other time I've done it, so now when I really need to go back to the GUI, I'm screwed.

#9 · (Edited)
The 2nd disc is perfect. It is detected by my PS2 and all, so it's fine. Disc 1 is the bad disc. So it's not the disc. I think it's going out to the ePSXe GUI. Is there a front end you would recommend? I didn't know how to switch discs with Delta, so I would always end up reloading the ISOs instead of changing them. Should I try a different frontend or what?

EDIT: I finally got past the disc change. I tried every different frontend and almost every PSX emulator, but I got it working. I can't get my video perfect anymore ever since I messed with the settings (now where was that thead that said "perfect setup") but I guess it'll have to do for now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.