Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been having minor problems with Metal Gear Solid and it would be nice if anyone could help. I am able to run the game fine and the only problem is sound. Using the default ePSXe SPU Core, the sound is extremely weak, sounding very incorrect and very different to when I play it on my Playstation. Looking at the stickies, I saw that Pete's DSound is recommended so I used that. Now there is no sound. Any care to help me with this problem?

PS: It is also said that "You should not bother to save state with MGS because it doesn't work" in one the config packs, but I am able to perfectly.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
Zero_ said:
PS: It is also said that "You should not bother to save state with MGS because it doesn't work" in one the config packs, but I am able to perfectly.
What config pack?

Use the Eternal SPU on my sig below and set options to SPUasync, Smooth with a buffer of 32.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
:rotflmao:

you made my morning, Zero_. "it says save states dont work, but they do, except i have no sound" :lol: you have no sound because you loaded the state ;)

anyway, use pete's OpenGL with PC FPS calc special fix on, and use the settings fireblasteR_lyz said for eternal 1.41, i hope your CPU can handle it, and dont use save states because the sound wont work. trust us on this one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Use P.E.O.P.S SPU... the ePSXe plugin doesn't work very well with MGS and I feel that Eternal isn't as accurate with MGS. Also, set the reverb to whatever the "PSX Quality" setting is, make sure to turn on all the MGS specific fixes. If the sound is choppy in the MDECs, play with your video settings.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you insist on using save states, stick with eternal. If you stick with the memory card, both Eternal and PEOpS are good sound plugins. When you load a save state using PEOpS sound, the SOUND WILL NOT WORK CORRECTLY. It will either have a loud static sound overlaying the correct sound with timing issues on sound effects or will not make any sound at all after loading. IMHO PEOpS is slightly better than eternal, but eternal is a great plugin and doesn't have some of the problems that PEOpS has.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hehe, doh. Well, after making an idiot of myself, I managed to get MGS' sound working properly. Thanks to everyone who helped. :thumb:

Ah, never going to get tired of "Snaaaaaaaake!".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.