Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody else having trouble doing saves in Metal Gear Solid. I can save in every other game on EPSXE, but in MGS I keep getting errors. anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
f4 didn't help -- didn't do anything actually.

I found that if I use detect fps limit and use the cd, then I can save and load. If I change the fps, it won't save. If i try to run from disk image on my hard drive, it won't save.

NOW, the game keeps crashing right after ocelot. UGH!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Just use savestates. You only really need to save after(or before) every boss in MGS. While you are playing F1 makes a save, F3 loads a save, and F2 increases the slot that your saving/loading. There are 5 possible slots to save in per CD/ISO. Also epsxe knows to use only the saves that go with the game being played.

·
Registered
182 Posts
well, first of all what version of EPSXE r u using? the 1..01 thing work very well with MGS withouth *crashing points* but the mdecs r a bit slowly... well try with that version, and use any memory card, or create one with one of the Aldo's Tools then when u r in game contact meiling to save, save the game and then press start to pause the game:D and that's all the game is saved! then unpause the game and continue normal... if u want to check press at-tab and open the aldo tool for psx memcard managment and load the card that u save, the game will be masked like MGS HANGAR 01 or something like that in the gamecard.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Oh right. the info I gave you was to be used assuming you were using epsxe 1.40. I loaned my MGS to a friend so I don't know if it works well in 1.40 It seems like it does from other posts I've read though. It deffinitely has problems in 1.20.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts