Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be blunt, without using any external plugins/setting for ePSXe v1.6.0, is there anyway to get Dual Shock/Force Feedback working (using the default controller plugin)?

In other words, is there a way to get MGS to use Force Feedback in ePSXe v1.6.0 with the inbuilt pad plugin?

All help is appreciated. :D

r2rX :)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
IIRC Metal Gear Solid isn't rumble compatible in any version of ePSXe. Sorry :/

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well, as much as I-Chan's statement is true, I've got some rumble in MGS + ePSXe with my PSX to USB adapter (Super Joybox 5 IIRC), but only one motor wil work, I should try to contact _Demo_ or any of the ePSXe authors and get this fixed.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, Raziel, if you can contact some of the authors and present this problem (and perhaps there can be a solution) I would be extremely grateful.

fivefeet8, I have been using PCSX with Harakiri's pad plugin to get force feedback working, as I tried using the plugin with ePSXeCutor and it did not work (no matter which pad plugin I assign to either ports, it will only use the origional, default ePSXe pad configuration).

I remember getting the plugin to work with ePSXe at some point, but I just cannot get it working now.

r2rX :(

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
It's highly unlikely you got Harakiri's plugin to work with ePSXe, as ePSXe is not designed to run other pad plugins than the one it's coming with, you must be confusing with something else, anyway, I'll try to ask _Demo_ and see what he can do (or not do :p)

·
Registered
130 Posts
The rumble function in ePSXe is an old problem without solution by now (all of us have tried a lot of combinations and few times them worked (if any did)) :(
Better wait for the next release of ePSXe and pray for the pad plugin option :p

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Raziel said:
It's highly unlikely you got Harakiri's plugin to work with ePSXe, as ePSXe is not designed to run other pad plugins than the one it's coming with, you must be confusing with something else, anyway, I'll try to ask _Demo_ and see what he can do (or not do :p)
No, I am not confused. :) I was using ePSXe 1.5.2, I.I.R.C, and I was using ePSXeCutor....and I set it to use Harakiri's pad plugin. I distinctly remember playing Tekken 3 and using Force Feedback....I also remember that the problem I had then was that the drivers for my converter were not functioning properly, so I had this never ending loop of vibration when it started.

As for _Demo_, I don't want to harrass him, just to ask. :) And thanks for the effort/feedback. :)

r2rX :D

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Latest epsxecutor releases allow to select a pad plugin, because 1.6.0 was supposed to use them, but that doesn't mean that the plugin will be used. ePSXe can't use pad plugins, you probably had the internal one properly configured and that's it.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I-Chan, origionally, my converter did not allow vibrations with ePSXe. I would set it to Burutter or DX, constant and sine (switching them round for [email protected] motors...just to test) and it simply would not work. I enabled Harakiri's plugin and I got vibrations....I am telling you, there is no point for me to fib or lie here......is there? I assure you, at the time, it was working...I cannot explain how, but it was.

So, unless setting it to Harakiri's plugin somehow got the default ePSXe internal plugin vibration working, I don't know what then. Cause the moment I changed it, there was no vibration.

.....so, if you believe I am not lying, how can you explain that? Besides, is that impossible to happen?

r2rX oO

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
It is impossible to happen, ePSXe currently doesn't support pad plugins. Somehow, doing it must have fixed ePSXe's settings for you or something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts