Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
Wow, i just finish metal gear 3 and i finally understand y liquid hated Solid so much.
Solid really is an exact clone of big boss. At fist i thought it was solid snake, but the ending Wow, it was big boss himself. And the story was good too. i Know now who the patriots were before they change their name. And who was big bosses Teacher.
Know i got to wait for MGS 4 to see wait kind of twist there are going to be in that game. :thumb:

· Transcended
1,421 Posts
Er... nice. I'm sure there are few people who haven't played that game who mean to, but I think the spoilers are still a tad unfair.

Besides... wasn't Ocelot proof enough? :)

· Registered
411 Posts
I wish I could edit it to warn for hte spoilers. Hopefully only people who've played it are reading this thread, I feel sorry for anybody who reads this and spoils it for themselves :(.

Anyway, yeah the game rocked. I can't wait for Subsistence to be released (well I can, but I want to get it sometime down the road...hopefully it won't be in such low print like Substance).

· The seeker of perfection
4,008 Posts
In fact....

Spoilers ahead and i'm too lazy to use the spoiler tag :innocent:

The one that had the dominant genes was Liquid and the recesive ones was Solid Snake. How they look the same is beyond me.

About personality, i felt Big Boss a less serious dude (more of the joking kind) compared to Solid Snake.

· PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,398 Posts
GameFAQs said:
Release Data
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Konami 12/22/05 JP
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Konami 03/01/06 US
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence Konami March 2006 EU
doooh... as aLways... europe has to wait :angry: ,... 3 loong months... craap, anyway I'm looking forward meeting you online in subsistence :D

· Registered
411 Posts
Kazuya Mishima said:
In fact....

Spoilers ahead and i'm too lazy to use the spoiler tag :innocent:

The one that had the dominant genes was Liquid and the recesive ones was Solid Snake. How they look the same is beyond me.

About personality, i felt Big Boss a less serious dude (more of the joking kind) compared to Solid Snake.

SPOILERS...sort of (more about the MG universe)

He only seemed less serious because of this time/era we see him in. He's a fledgling Big Boss, didnt even have the title until the end of the game. Nor the trauma of what happened at the end of MGS3 to turn him into the Big Boss you know and love from MG & MG2.

MGS3 gives us insight into why Big Boss is the way he is later in life. I can see why Big Boss was doing what he was doing with Outer Heaven & Zanzibar -- he wanted soldiers to be recognized, not pawns for a gov't (relating to the talk with The Boss about how soldiers were nothing more than mere pawns). He was sick of big brother getting all the glory when big brother wasn't doing a damn thing but getting soldiers killed.

And I bleieve Liquid hated Snake because Snake is better than him. First he thought it was that Solid got the "good" genes. He never lived long enough to bask in the truth that He was in fact granted the superiour genes, not Solid. The gov't used both of them to see if genes or determination were the real factors in a soldier. So they confused them both by telling them an inverted truth. This stunted the good clone and propelled the bad clone (liquid and snake respectively). Also he probably hates Snake for killin' his 'daddy'.

· <font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,456 Posts
Goddamn it people, use the spoiler tags, USE THE SPOILER TAGS !! I am not going to freakin edit every post because you lazy bugs cant be arsed to type in between the [ spoiler] tags.

Yours,
-E

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.