Votes: 5 11.6%
  • What is MGS?

Votes: 3 7.0%
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought metal gear solid three on the back it said best mgs game ever... but it very anoying there no radar and i find my self in alert mode or running to the next movie scene part.... i know it set in 1963 etc so there was no kind or radar like in mgs1 but it just getting boring im not getting the story again 5 minits play time then about 15 minit movie. also what was up with the james bond credits? yes i have used camaflarge etc. but i dont want to be crawling through all the levels. i have it on normall mode... what do other people think

·
Registered
356 Posts
You should stop whining. The game is good, I've played it and yes it can get tedious sneaking around, but that what the game is about(stealth action).

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
I miss the radar but that adds tention to the game, everyone can play thier own way, my style completely forgoes the stalk behind the guy and grab him aproch, I mastered CQC and the way I take down opponents is by running up behind him and the moment they turn around I slam them to the ground, and I like times when I am surrounded as I am very good with CQC but my aim with a gun sucks,you can even completely forgo stealth as the game is very felxable,maybe you shoud try the CQC system?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
The link works for me.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Damnit >_< I missed getting the sorrow's camo :( I do love the game though, even if there is no radar. Sure its hella hard, but if its your first time playing it through dont worry about playing it perfectly. I started to get bored with it until I just decided to go for it. The second time through I will do a better job though ;)

My favorite boss battle so far has to be The End. Even though it was HUGE and it took a LONG time, I was able to get his camo :p This fight was like no other fight I have ever seen in a video game, and its stuff like that which makes MGS3 stand out from others :)

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
I know it's more like a chess game, My fav would be more like fighting the boss as both snake and the boss has mostly the same moves and it's timing based when things get close

·
Registered
613 Posts
HOW can you not know what CQC is??? Have you read the tutorial instructions in the menu screen? Have you listened to the codec conversations? if you don't know what CQC is, you're not paying a lot of attention to the game. For crying out loud, the Boss even explicitly mentions CQC:

Boss: Same here. After all, who knows if either of us will make it out
alive... Snake, you were always best at urban warfare and infiltrating
buildings. But this is the jungle. Survival is going to be key. Those CQC
techniques I taught you are sure to come in handy.

Snake: CQC - close quarters combat, huh. I've been in the Green Berets for the
past few years. I'm probably pretty rusty.

Boss: Not to worry. I'll be here to help you remember. After all, this is your
first actual survival mission. I'll be supporting you over the radio.

Boss: Snake, try to remember some of the basics of CQC."

ad verbatim codec conversations
It sounds like you're still on the Virtuous Mission. If not, how long have you been playing the game? You cannot justifiably criticize the game unless you're thick in the middle of it. Have you fought a boss yet? Wait until you fight "The End" and then, we'll talk. Yes, the game is much harder without the radar, however, after an hour or two being comfortable with the game, you should get used to it by now. It's not that hard NOT getting caught. Just use the good ol' MGS2 tactic of using your silenced Tranquilizer gun and shoot from far away.

I'm getting mighty pissed off at all the whining going on about MGS3 from gamers who are just beginning to delve into it... for crissake's, what happened to patience or not rushing to judgement before finishing the game?

The vast majority of people who have finished MGS3 agree that Snake Eater totally blows away MGS1 and MGS2. Even look at your poll, you're probably the lone dissenting voice.

On a side note, I knew that MGS3 started to become a class of its own when:

the Shagohad chase scene occured. The whole chase sequence and fight with the Shagohad (after you defeat Volgin hand-to-hand) was pure thirty minutes of mayhem!

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
I loved the MGS3. It felt more like the first one in story and in gameplay. (Now before I get jumped on). Yes, gameplay was different, but the idea and justification was there that made it feel classic again.

I loved the storyline and the final battle was one of the most beautiful scene's I've scene recently in a videogame.

I agree the CQC techniques where the best way to go. I think I cut 90% of my victims. I barely used the gun except on a few boss battles. I also took the time to retry area's again to try and make through them with stealth.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I havent played very much yet, but I miss the radar alot, also everytime i try sneaking up behind someone they notice me, Im probably doing something wrong but its really annoying

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Look, I have the whole MGS series, including MGS Twin Snakes (except for the ones before PSX, but I can get them)...so, MGS 1(PSX/PC), MGS2(PS2/PC), MGS3(PS2/hopefully PC) and MGS:TW(GC)....I love all of them.

My favourite of the series was MGS2....everyone will probably scold me, but I have my reasons so. I have explained them in the past on this forum, so I won't explain once again.

But, to say the least, MGS3 was incredible...I truely loved it...it was an intricate, attractive story, with all the elements (i.e Graphics, sound, gameplay etc), co-exsisting so well together, that it was kick-ass.

I love it. ;)

r2rX :D

·
KO'ed User
935 Posts
I haven't played a lot, but it very good. From one view, it's good that the radar isn't present all the time. You can get caught pratcicaly anywhere! I hid under a bed in a base before The Pain and the got me in minutes. The IQ of those dudes is hell lot better. The game is very very good. Munching snakes, crocodiles, bats, russian rations, it's just wonderful.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
It's all the intricate and robust detail that went into the game that makes it so damn special!! And it feels like an interactive movie, and the gameplay and cut-scences (in my opinion) were well balanced out.

...incredible game, incredible experience.

r2rX :D

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Gonna buy it today, so today night or tommorow I'll write you how I feel about it but I think It'll be a hit :thumb:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Is it just me who find this game to be really hard? I mean everytime someone sees you 20 other guards arrive and its like impossible to hide from them and you end up running back and forth through the areas. And without radar its hard to see where the enemies are, maybe I should have played it at an easier level instead...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts