Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...

I've been messing around with MGS and now epsxe 1.40 seems not to crash where 1.2.0 did before. So, I've been able to arrive to Psycho Mantis. But then
I have a problem. To defeat Psycho Mantis easily, you have to unplug the 1st Pad, and plug the 2nd One. But you CAN'T do it with epsxe on runtime (WHY ?!?!?! :confused: ).

So I saved a savestate, and exited from epsxe. I executed epsxe again, but I didn't boot the MGS CD-ROM. Instead, I reconfigured epsxe to use 2nd Pad (digital only, etc...), and disabled 1st PAD (because I didn't want conflicts or whatever). I booted the MGS CD-ROM, and I reloaded the savestate... I pressed the keys to move Snake around, and they worked, so I defeated Psycho Mantis easily. Then after the blablablah, the game asks me to plug again the 1st PAD. I said "well, it doesn't seem difficult, I'll save the state again". And so I did. Then I redo all the steps as I said before, but backwards, i.e. I disable PAD2, and enable PAD1 again with the same key layout (default one). I reboot MGS CD-ROM, and I load the state. But the problem arrives here... The emulator doesn't recognize my keypresses... because the "plug the PAD1" text appears all the time and I can't get out of it...

One could say... "You've reconfigured the PAD's layout not OK"... But I think that I've done it OK, because if I DON'T load the save state, I can run the main menu pressing some button. And I can start the game perfectly, so PAD1 seems to be working... But as soon as I load the savestate, the PAD's layout changes into PAD1=OFF PAD2=ON (I think), and so I can't enter into the secret door that appears after psycho mantis...

My question is: does anyone know if there is an easy solution? (instead of restarting the game?)

Is the PAD layout saved into the savestate file ? If so, is it binary editable ?

Am I right with my deductions ? (or just too paranoid :)

Thanks for the time spent reading this...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...

I could defeat Psycho Mantis easily (as I could remap the pads with epsxe and so)... My problem wasn't that. My problem comes AFTER defeating him... And now, I only have ONE save state AFTER defeating him. (with the epsxe pad status inside ?? i.e. pad1=off, pad2=on ??)

Right now, I don't have a PC-PAD... :heh: What I did was remapping the epsxe pads with my keyboard, and If I was able to disable pad-1 and enable pad-2, I think it should be possible to remap pad-1 and disable pad-2 now... But it seems no. (Because after loading the save state, I can't send any kind of pad event to epsxe anymore).

Just in case, I'll try to acquire some kind of PC-PAD or something...

Thanks anyway... :)

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
You have over 100 keys on your keyboard....... you can set both p1 and p2 keys on that..... just make sure they are not using the same keys..... try that and see if it works..... just set both pads to the keyboard but use different keys for both..... That way you don't need to disable/enable anything...... just switch from using p1 keys to p2 keys and vice versa...... I have played a 2 player game on one keyboard before.... it wasn't nice but it worked....

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Or you could try pressing F5(I think) to switch between different kinds of pads(ie: digital, digital/analog) while in the game. It may just work. Hopefully.

·
Registered
6 Posts
MAAAAASIve thread necro

Massive thread necro, I know, but I found a really simple solution to this dillema.

For PsychoMantis, simply configure your p2 pad the same as your p1 pad and fight him normally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts