Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

There are some technical limitations with MGR, the most obvious one being limited to 1920x1080, with no option to go any higher. That being said, it runs insanely smooth on a 2500k and 760. Should Platinum release an update I don't think there'd be much of an impact as there isn't a huge amount of geometry in the levels, as most of the attention is spent with the main characters.

Impressively, the cutscenes are very high quality, the look like they've been lifted from the PS3 version of the game as some of the models are exhibiting aliasing not evident in game with the PC. That is very much where the bulk of the 25+ gb install data lies.

Game is hella fun and very Platinum games.

In game screenshots

Cutscene Screenshots

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
That's not a game I can play in front of my daughters. xd

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
me wants.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,701 Posts
I don't think they are....Fox Engine should be better than that (not that they're bad or anything).

The cutscenes are videos; same as on 360. I don't think they're realtime on PS3 either.

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,098 Posts
I don't think they are....Fox Engine should be better than that (not that they're bad or anything).

The cutscenes are videos; same as on 360. I don't think they're realtime on PS3 either.
Yes, the cutscenes are prerendered, indeed. What I meant is that they first made the cutscenes using the FOX engine then they put it in videos, with some changes to make it match with the Platinum engine ingame scenes. I'm basing my supposition on this:

The game should have been made with the Fox engine on first place. I imagine they didn't want to completely make the work under it a total waste. If it is the case, it proves the FOX engine is really a powerful one.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It uses the platinum engine, as did Bayonetta and Vanquish.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Good memories of Vanquish.

Such a fast paced game, I like it a lot.

Would play it again on PC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts