Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get this game to work right, All the dialog is repeated 3-4 times after it is said and there is huge slowdown going into the CODEC screen. I have a good system, PIII 600 and a Radeon so the slowdown shouldn't be happening and I can't figure out the looping sounds

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It works fine in VGS, but it looks just like the PSX version! All the textures are gritty and I can't use FSAA. Hope the next EPSXE updaye fixes this game.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yes it works well in VGS but I don't think it's really interesting to play that game with so low graphic details(as for all 3D games in VGS).
In fact I think VGS is only interesting for2D games.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well you don't really have to buy it if you know where to search:D

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Ok,but I never told I did it and I would never search for it because I never use VGS,I'm just not interested by this emu,bt if it had 3D acceleration it would be a very interesting commercial poduct.
But now that sony bought them it's no use to think about a new release so boys the two commercials PSX emus are UNOFFICIALLY dead.(the other one is ....you know hum....Ble......damn Blee... BLEEM!.Wow I never want to say that word again it makes me feel strange[angry?]):D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone know when the next update for EPSXE is due to come out?
MGS is still fun, however ugly. Picked it up for $15(CDN) at a store closing.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
No one knows when a new version of ePSXe is gonna come out(maybe Bobbi but he won't tell it and he's right).
Don't go asking the authors about a date or a beta 'cause that's what emu authors hate most.
Just be patient and new version will come out one day(I know it's hard to wait but what else can we do?).
Bye.

·
Registered
168 Posts
well, u really don't want epsxe to end up like psemu where stroller released a closed beta and killed it....
We all know it's hard to wait, and don't worry... we are all enduring the pain :D

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
venom you say that MGS is ugly?Why?It's absolutely fantastic in ePSXe!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes MGS look great on epsxe, but it doesn't run right. Looping audio, extreme slowdown at the CODEC screen and corruption of underwater graphics are the problems with epsxe. The ugly graphics I was talking about were on VGS.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hmmm...I turned on frameskip and it ran pretty well, minus the sound. Since the sound is pretty important in that game this doesn't really help much. I was able to run around and beat up the stupid bad guys with no problem.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I've played MGS on PSX, Bleem, and computer. The computer version is definitely superior, but I did finish the game on bleem(with skipping sound, screwy codec, and a stall in game play everytime it had to render an explosion.)
I say if you have some extra $ get the computer game.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: Metal Gear Problems (may spoil someones gameplay)

Everyone who play MGS should use Null's SPU and try those 'buffer length' settings. I play MGS with 'buffer length' set to 125 and 'block' to 10. And i know that it says 'please enter value between 1-100' but it still uses and saves that 125 - and it makes difference.
I have a Duron 700, voodoo1, SB vibra 128, 128mb mem and use ISO. The sound skips occasionaly but not as far often as with every other SPU. I think that good buffer length depends on your machine specs.

But there are problems other than that:
MGS crashes at least in 3 places using ePSXe v.1.20(all crash after the non-interactive scenes):
-Snake talks to Pres. Baker
-Snake talks to DARPA chief
-Snake talks to Hal Emmerich
Use 1.01 on these parts.

And at least on my computer, long 'videos' tends to leave subtitles behind the sound&graphics and end too early. My graph card has a little impact on that too.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Raziel
Yes it works well in VGS but I don't think it's really interesting to play that game with so low graphic details(as for all 3D games in VGS).
In fact I think VGS is only interesting for2D games.
that's kinda true, but it helps if you play it using a tv-out.....
I got the pc version of MGS however, works great :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts