Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been snooping around for news on this subject and even IGN has spoke to rep's that New Line Cinema is talking with Konami about getting the license to do a Metal Gear Movie.

Finally, the Dark Aura rep says that New Line has entered into talks with Konami to acquire the movie rights to Metal Gear. Expect more news on Solid Snake's trip to the big screen in the near future
More IGN News

The only thing is that Konami said if they do sell the license to do the movie they dont want it to follow the games oO they want it to be different. That dosnt sound good, metal gear is known for it's story... but u never know :(

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
What's the point of buying a license if you have to write a new story :???: It's like fullmetal alchemist anime, a whole new (stupid) story with same characters... (I feel like a broken record :lol: Got to stop repeating this line)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
No one can make a movie aout MGS that will be true to the game, it'd need to be 10 hours long :p

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I dunno... they could shorten it to just the first MGS. Not snake eater lol then it would be way too long.

·
Registered
613 Posts
"But I - I live on, through this arm!"

:p

After watching the "magic arm/hand" incident in MGS2, I gave up defending the "awesomeness" of Metal Gear's storyline.

Let's not forget:

"Do you think love can bloom even on a battlefield?"

I like Metal Gear well enough but let's say they should "omit" certain segments of the storyline. I'm glad that Konami recognizes that certain parts (a.k.a. almost all of Metal Gear Solid 2) in the Metal Gear universe bordered on incomprehensiveness or sheer goofiness that wouldn't necessarily translate well into a movie.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
netghost2.0 said:
"But I - I live on, through this arm!"

:p

After watching the "magic arm/hand" incident in MGS2, I gave up defending the "awesomeness" of Metal Gear's storyline.

Let's not forget:

I like Metal Gear well enough but let's say they should "omit" certain segments of the storyline.
Let's start with rewriting MGS2. MGS was perfect and the ending was supurb, they could have done SOOOOOO much better with MGS2.

Have u played Snake Eater yet? definitly makes up for the mistake :thumb:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Kiroshi said:
Let's start with rewriting MGS2. MGS was perfect and the ending was supurb, they could have done SOOOOOO much better with MGS2.

Have u played Snake Eater yet? definitly makes up for the mistake :thumb:
Yeah, I'm in the middle of it, and I'm glad that Kojima dropped the metaphysical crap and focused on the elements which made MGS fun to play. I'm really enjoying Kojima's "revised" history of the Cold War. ;)

Although the codec conversations are still mind-numbingly boring at times. I want to shoot Para-Medic... it's a battle between her and Rose for the most inane codec conversations.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
heh... nothing's perfect :) let's just skip some of those codec conversation and we've got realy awesome game ;)

G

·
netghost2.0 said:
Let's not forget:

I wrote an evil side story on that once..sorta. :rolleyes:
*me browses through the archives*

ah, there it is:
Metal Gear Solid Side Story.

(just after MGS)...it will explain what happened to Meryl. Don't take it too seriously

...ahem...

"The sneaky ways of the snake"

The sky's turning dark again. "Is it that late already?" Meryl worries. David has been out all day and hasn't returned yet. "What could be wrong? Oh no, PLEASE don't let it be the virus....". Meryl already tried to call Snake, who prefers to be called David nowadays, several times on his codec, but he didn't respond. "Of course there could still be something wrong with it." Meryl smiles when she remembers how much problems the local stores had with turning it into a regular mobile phone, but Snake insisted. Immediately Meryl turns sad again. "Why is he still not here? Sigh...it's already late, perhaps I should try to sleep". After worrying a little more, Meryl finally feels asleep. But suddenly she woke up again. "Huh? What was that noise? Is Snake back?". But then, she hears a woman's voice, a soft giggle. "Am I still dreaming?", Meryl wonders. She does have that experience sometimes, probably still a side-effect from that Psycho-Mantis experience. Half-awake, Meryl sneaks out of bed and listens. She hears the woman's giggle again. Then, a door closes. It's upstairs! "Am I dreaming or what?", Meryl wonders. She sneaks upstairs and listens at the door.
"Ooooh Snake...."
"Well, you promised me that strip-search afterall."
Meryl opens the door and turns white, she nearly faints. Snake and Dr. Naomi Hunter!!
"It's not what you think!, cries Snake
"I thought I was dreaming....", stutters Meryl.
"IT'S WHAT YOU THINK, IT'S WHAT YOU THINK!", Snake screams.
Instead of getting angry, Meryl calms down.
"So, I guess the name Snake suits you better than David afterall", she says. Then she closes the door, leaving Snake and Naomi behind. "Snake...", Naomi says. "I didn't know you were living with Meryl!". "Well, it was YOU who told me to live my life!", Snake says, trying to blame the whole thing on Naomi. "You BATARD!", Naomi cries. She leaves. Downstairs she sees Meryl. "I'm sorry...I..", she starts, but Meryl nods. "I understand." Naomi leaves.

The next morning, after a night of bad sleep, Snake heads downstairs.
"Meryl? Where are you?"

A girl steps into a train. She didn't even notice where it was going. she seems to be caught up in thoughts. "Snake...the one battlefield you couldn't handle was the battlefield of love.." The train leaves, destination unknown.
my apologies :p

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
hehehe

good one ;) strip-search :evil:

anyway when I started thinking about MGS as movie... bad idea, look what they've done to Resident Evil... House of the Dead and many otheres... that's just a bulls... you know what...

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
If Kojima had a dominant role to play in the development of the movie, then it could be really good. And perhaps there are many reasons, but I really enjoyed MGS 2. To be honest, I didn't want the same thing like MGS1 again....it would've been boring. I really enjoyed the purpose and style of the series, and having only MGS Twin Snakes left to play...I have thoroughly enjoyed the games....yes, including MGS2.

But as for the movie....who knows....and to be honest, there is no movie that will spoil the games for me.

r2rX :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Resident Evil wasnt that bad, the CG was terrible but the plot was ok. I could at least sit through it and get some enjoyment... unlike house of the dead which I watched for 3 minutes.

That would be awesome if Square had the license to do the movie, they could do it in CG! and use snakes awesome voice :thumb: but thats impossible.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Well i truly liked the first MGS, and the second would've been great but there were those stupid freaks Ocelot/Liquid, Vamp, Fortune and so on... And the stupid roaring machine(ray), and the place(big shell) was boring too, gameplay was good, but I'm really waiting for the snake eater to come to stores here...

Oh, back to topic, it can be great but there is a big chance it will suck...

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Kiroshi I disagree with you... they ****ed up this film (look realy carfull now on RE:Apocalypse... yuck...) so much that I can't stand it :/ friggin' hollywod... I'd like to see anime based on RE games... or on MGS :) I'm sure that it wouldn't be screwed... or even so, than not that much like US production...

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Kiroshi said:
Resident Evil wasnt that bad, the CG was terrible but the plot was ok.
May i ask, wich plot? "Uh, Zombies. Let's kill them". The games actually had a plot, even if it wasn't that great either. The movie just lacks of any. And the CG were an insult to modern cinema.

I find it interesting if they make a new episode out of the movie. Simply repeating what has been shown already in the games wouldn't be as interesting as a new episode in MGS's world, IMHO. But then again, Hollywood has slaughtered game after game, so i hold next-to-none faith on this.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Why do they need to make an mgs movie anyway? MGS practically is a movie, considering the massive amount of dialogue and cutscenes, which is due to the fact that Kojima wanted to make movies instead of games. But he didn't have enough money.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Maybe if they were able to pull off a remake of the games already out it wouldnt be so bad, but I hope they dont mess it up with some crappy cliche james bond/MI stealth film.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
I'm affraid that it's gonna happen Reichfuher... BTW ppl search some info about doom the movie... I won't post here any details because... :( no comment

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I-Chan said:
May i ask, wich plot?
Well the first movie had a plot :) but I never seen the 2nd movie lol.... I just dont have the urge to wanna see it.

KanedA said:
I'd like to see anime based on RE games... or on MGS
I never though of that, MGS Anime! that would be sweet :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts