Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I collected the second Beanstar piece (I hope that isn't a spoiler), and went to save right after. While it was saving, we had a power outage and shut down during the saving process. When it was working again, I turned on M&L, thinking it didn't save, but it deleted the entire save file, or at least I think.

There is still a save file for the game:

1277 - Mario & Luigi - Superstar Saga (U).sav
File size: 8 KB

But everytime, I load it, all three files are "new".

I've gotten pretty far in this game, I'd hate to not be able to finish it after I've done all that. Anyone know a way I can restore my save?

Thanks.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Sounds as if the power outage whilst saving corrupted the save and when you loaded the game again it automatically wiped it and created a fresh new save so I am afraid everything is gone.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
You can't undelete what was never deleted. Formatting/Overwriting and deleting is not quite the same thing. A save gets automatically reformatted when the game thinks it's corrupt, basically it returns the save to a default save which is all the way at the start because it can't read what was there but this all happens within the save so nothing ever gets deleted. Deletion would mean the .sav file was sent to the recycle bin or shredded, but that never happened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.