Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it has been awhile since I have had a chance to check out the boards ... and the posts seemed to be messed up. Something is wrong with the tables ... the part where your signature goes is not at the bottom of the post like it should be, mainly because the left info part is one size (Name, Title, Avatar, etc.), and the post side is another size. I know ubb has this problem with the tables and I had to add an additional table to correct it. The thing is vbulletin was fine before ... Bobbi did you change something? Anyways time to get back to the site ...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Something additional

My posts don't seem messed up, but I can't edit them anymore. If I make a mistake and I try to edit my post, it tells me that I need to login (which I have already do) or that I don't have permission to access that function. Even if I login again, it still won't let me edit it. I still have control of other admin fuctions though. So I thought that I would mention this here and hope that, you, Bobbi, might see it and could check into it. Thanks.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Re: Something additional

Originally posted by sxamiga
My posts don't seem messed up, but I can't edit them anymore. If I make a mistake and I try to edit my post, it tells me that I need to login (which I have already do) or that I don't have permission to access that function. Even if I login again, it still won't let me edit it. I still have control of other admin fuctions though. So I thought that I would mention this here and hope that, you, Bobbi, might see it and could check into it. Thanks.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
I had the same thing. Do you use IE6? If so, in "Internet Properties", go to the "Privacy" tab, click the "Advanced" button, check "Override automatic cookie handling", then make sure the two settings are on "Accept" (or "Prompt", whichever you like :D ), and that the last box is checked. Worked like a charm ;) .

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks EfrainMan, I followed your steps because I am indeed using IE6. I'll give it a try. Trust MS to mess things up and make you work to straighten them out. Thanks again.:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just tried it and it worked, as you said, like a CHARM!!!:D :D :D :cool: :cool:
Bobbi, the edit problem was due to the new version of Internet Explorer, not the Board. Thanks to EfrainMan, everthing is fine.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Another thing you could check out, Bobbi is on the edit profile page there's a broken link under the signature field that says 'signature editor'.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Adair: Very well noticed - the signature editor is a feature NGEmu introduces ... as NGEmu uses the same board data (the same mySQL database) the link is already there - but the file is only on the NGEmu side of the board (whici I'm just using ... looks pretty cool IMO :p )

We'll take care of the misplaced signatures/options in the time between the board closing and the opening of NGEmu.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Many mnay thanks to you also Badaro. As I told EfrainMan, it worked like a charm. You said you ran a beta, well this is no beta that I'm running, it is the finished(???) product and it still has problems. Thanks again.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
Many mnay thanks to you also Badaro. As I told EfrainMan, it worked like a charm. You said you ran a beta, well this is no beta that I'm running, it is the finished(???) product and it still has problems. Thanks again.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
I'm using IE6 final now. Anyway, from what I know, this is not a bug. IE6 is supposed to block cookies from all servers where it doesn't find a "privacy policy".

Note that I have absolutely no idea on what this "privacy policy" is supposed to do. :)

[]s Badaro

·
2,412 Posts
From IE6 Help:

"Understanding privacy policies
A Web site's privacy policy tells you what kind of information the Web site collects, to whom it gives that information, and how it uses the information. Personally identifiable information is information that can be used to identify or contact you, such as your name, e-mail address, home or work address, or telephone number. However, a Web site only has access to the personally identifiable information that you provide, or to the choices you make while visiting a Web site. For example, a Web site cannot determine your e-mail name unless you provide it. A Web site cannot gain access to other information on your computer. If a Web site collects personally identifiable information, it may store the information in a cookie, a small file that it saves on your computer.

Many Web sites provide privacy statements as written documents that you can view on the Internet. Web sites also might provide a Platform for Privacy Preferences (P3P) privacy policy. If a Web site has a P3P privacy policy, Internet Explorer can display it. Internet Explorer also might be able to compare your privacy settings to a representation of the P3P privacy policy, and determine whether or not to allow the Web site to save cookies on your computer."

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Really ie6 is a bit of a pointless upgrade. The only interesting features that were in the beta IMHO was the personal bar which microsoft had ripped off from ns6/mozilla. When they could get it to work it was replaced by a pointless media player. What's wrong with the one already present?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
My philosophy regarding anything Microsoft (DirectX, IE, WMP, Windows, whatever) is only upgrade when it's absolutely positively completely necessary and your computer will not function without the program. Here's a big thumbs up to MS! :fingers:

Just a little bit angry... :D

S

·
0 Posts
Well, I really solved the problem for once and for all. I got rid of IE 6 and went back to IE 5.5. The reason behind this is because I kept getting error messages telling me that IE6 must close and would I like to send an error report to MS. I did send the report a couple of times, but then my web pages would start locking up on me and I would have to Contorl-Alt-Delete and then end task to exit out. Then the error message would be there and when I would try to send an error report, my computer would lock up, only reset or control-alt-delete would reset it. The last time it did this, when I control-alt-deleted, I got a message saying my system might have become unstable. That DID IT!!!! No more buggy IE 6 for me, back to reliable IE 5.5.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
2,412 Posts
Wow. I always feel so lucky when I hear people talking about their new MS product crashing, being bad, etc., and yet I never have problems with them. IE6 hasn't done anything bad yet, and it's been a month. I SO HAPPY :p :heh:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
at home it doesn't crash....at work it crashes all the time.
...but, I had the same problem with ie5. ....crappy mobo at work, puts everything on irq5 :p

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
and yes, ie6 has the cookie protection stuff...and the stupid image bar (and auto-resize)....fortunately it can all be turned off...what's left is ie 5.6 ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts