Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here is a small present for those of you that [still!] use my plugin :D

It's my current build ... in what ever shape that is!

I am about to go away for Christmas, and thought some people may enjoy this.

There are no release notes, there are no promises: it's here for you to play with and see if it fixes any problems you have. For all I know, it may break more things than fixes, so keep v1.40 handy ;)

It's been a very busy time for me the last year, so not much time has been spent working on my plugin. But I plod along ;)

Feedback (good or bad) is always welcome, as long as it is constructive :nod:

Note to News Posters: I would prefer you link to this thread, rather than post the plugin directly on your websites please. As there are no release notes with the plugin, this thread is acting as the release notes. Thanks.

P.s. "Where is v1.41?", I hear you cry ... v1.41 was an internal build, that became v1.42 when I upgraded my compiler. That's all! :agree:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Here, you can have mine *dangles within inches of piscomaniaco's face* . . . WHOOPS! *yanks away* can't have it ;) Just kidding, here you go . . . WHOOPS! can't have it . . .

:p ;) just messin' with ya, Pisco.

out of curiousity, what card do you happen to have now anyway pisco?

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,357 Posts
it IS on the main page :p
Anyways, glad to see a christmas release ^_^

edit: merged both threads now

Yours,
-Elly

·
Registered
780 Posts
Elly said:

Yours,
-Elly
Well I posted the news then I noticed this thread, then I checked the main page. Anyway fact is everyone's gonna know one way or another that the new plugin is out.
:lol:

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Merry christmas you voodoo users :D

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Ok, that's it, I'm gonna open up my mom's K6-2, put a Voodoo 3 in it, just for this!
Or wait, alternatively, I can put the Voodoo2 SLI in my current box...
Or maybe I'll do both...
Joy to the Lewpy!

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
Elly said:

Yours,
-Elly
well i posted that before it was put on the main page ;) so i wasnt being a complete douche you know :rolleyes:

·
Diehard 3Dfx Fanboy!
544 Posts
Ah, so he finally released a new version! :thumb:

It appears Lewpy squashed a few bugs in Chrono Cross that occured when you had the FB Access set to "Read/Write".

I also just now noticed that he's got a new name for the option previously known as "Experimental Flipping", it's been changed to "Buffer Drawing Detection".

WARNING -- SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC QUESTION HERE:

Did anyone catch the fact that we now have an OpenGL 1.3 compliant driver for Banshee/V2/V3/V4/V5 users over at 3dfxzone.it? It comes with the latest version of the Glide3x.dll file, which fixes a bug that caused the previous versions of Lewpy's plugins to crash with CC when Texture Windows were enabled and a battle menu opened up...

Linkage: http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/news/3dfx/mesafx/index.htm

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Goku7 said:
Did anyone catch the fact that we now have an OpenGL 1.3 compliant driver for Banshee/V2/V3/V4/V5 users over at 3dfxzone.it? It comes with the latest version of the Glide3x.dll file, which fixes a bug that caused the previous versions of Lewpy's plugins to crash with CC when Texture Windows were enabled and a battle menu opened up...
I am not sure what Glide3x driver they supply with that OpenGL driver, but the one I use is available here - Glide for 3dfx hardware. It's a bit trickier to get the .DLL, but WinZIP does support GZip'd TAR files, so grab the Win32 binaries archive and extract the glide3x.dll file.
This is where koolsmoky is now contributing development to, and does contain bug-fixes (noteably said mentioned Texture Window fix) over koolsmoky's last own release (build 2610).

·
Diehard 3Dfx Fanboy!
544 Posts
Lewpy said:
I am not sure what Glide3x driver they supply with that OpenGL driver, but the one I use is available here - Glide for 3dfx hardware. It's a bit trickier to get the .DLL, but WinZIP does support GZip'd TAR files, so grab the Win32 binaries archive and extract the glide3x.dll file.
This is where koolsmoky is now contributing development to, and does contain bug-fixes (noteably said mentioned Texture Window fix) over koolsmoky's last own release (build 2610).
The glide3x appears to be a modified version of the .30303 build, or at the very least, is based on that build. The main thing that needs to be said is to not use build 2610 to play CC if you want those Texture Windows without the lockup. ;)

As for specifics: the modified build calls itself "3.10.00.40404 BETA" under the Version tab of the File Properties dialog box. I think it was mentioned somewhere in this thread at the 3dfxzone forums that the newer build is/was needed to manage what sounds like some OpenGL-specific texture compression functions ("texus2"? What is THAT?). I could be totally off, though. All I know is several members of the team behind the new ICD had participated in that thread ("participated" as in "answer questions" and by "answer questions" I don't just mean they said "when its done"!), and that anyone curious about this should read it, as we would otherwise take this thing TOTALLY off-topic if I attempted to explain everything.

That being said, my intention behind pointing out the new ICD was because it comes with newer Glide3x.dll that doesn't have the CC Texture Window problem, without having the Tarball format/extention confuse the heck out of the people who are looking for the .30303 or higher builds. And since the plugin uses the Glide3x.dll, I figured that this is an okay thing to bring up. ;)

·
The Rambler
52 Posts
Lewpy, my most sincere thanks for producing this plugin. It is an amazing work in emulation, and my only regret is that I could not use it sooner. Your plugin is amazing on the Voodoo 5 5500 - in Xenogears at least (the only game I had the time to try it on - it's my father's video card.). I've mentioned it in other posts, and I'll say it plainly here. As incredible as it sounds - using your plugin with the Voodoo 5 5500 actually made me regret spending all my money on the GeForce4 TI - for the most part the only games I play on the computer are PSX ones. Your plugin is so very good, and holds it's own well even today - years later. I can't remember what features it has, but I remember how smooth and how well it played Xenogears.

Pardon my reverance - It's 1:30 in the morning and I'm up way too late to be typing anything worthwhile:) I just wanted to let you know how much I appriciate your work.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.