Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I exit from the game to the menu? I saved my games on ff7 and when I exit the emulator freezes so I use ctrl+alt+delete to close and when I go back to the game and load a saved game, the memory card is blank. Is there a button to just show the menu so I can close normally and hopefully it won't delete my saved game?

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
ePSXe, when saving the memory card, saves it to RAM, then actually writes it to disc when the emulator is closed. so here is the proper sequence:

1. save
2. press escape, this gets you to the GUI
3. close the GUI
4. memory card is saved

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks. I tried esc before but I guess I had too many windows open because it wouldn't respond(I have at least 10 programs running at any given time). So I closed everything else and pressed esc and I did get to close it properly. Unfortunatly, my saved games still get erased when I load it again. I tried 4 or 5 times and I get to the save point and save in slot one and then when I exit and reload the game, all slots are empty and I have to start over. Might it be a glitch or something I didn't configure or do I need to create a save folder?
My memory card files are memcards/epsxe000.mcr and memcards/epsxe001.mcr if that means anything.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.