Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Game works fine overall. However, the thin text in the menu is missing lines/pixels (not a problem with the text in thicker font). Using standard graphic config with special fix. Is there a special config setting to fix this?

Another problem I am having is that I get these brown flashes that are supposed to represent effects. For example, some special attack from the first bird like enemy in the game created this solid brown wave instead of the intended effect. How do I fix this?

Thanks.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
you need to post more info- system specs, the plugins you are using and screen shots of how you have them configured ("standard graphic config" is not specific enough).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pentium 4, 1 Gb RAM, 9700 ATI Radeon

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
GFX card: MOBILITY RADEON 9700 x86/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- Filtering: 3
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: off
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 200

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer texture: 0
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: off

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: on [00000020]

The screen flashes are not always brown, but they do occur, such as right after Dart finishes Double Slash, etc.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
they are frame buffer effects and they are not showing up due the comp. settings you have now. try a 3-3-2 or 3-2-3 comp. setup and make sure you have the game fix for LoD enabled. if for some reason you still see weird visual glitches, enable advanced blending and also try enabling mask bit (some games need this).

btw if you are using recent catalyst drivers you need to manually set the VRAM amount.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
confused about how to set vram

menu problem persists with new settings, but flashes seem to have stopped, though will post if continue. What could be causing the text problem? Thanks.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
just type in how much your card has in the box near the textures section or if your amount matches one of those listed in the pull-down menu, select it. if you dont know how much your card has, do start>run>type in "dxdiag" without the quotes and look under the display tab, it should state the amount (im guessing 128MB or 256MB for yours but check and make sure anyway).

for the text, try setting texture filtering to 0 (disabled). btw there is a more recent version of that plugin, it would be best if you download it and use it instead.

if you really dont care about the graphics you can always use another emulator like psx (which doesnt use a plugin system and looks similar to the way it would look on a real psx).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
menu problem fixed and updated plugin. getting weird sandy sound with some of the music though with new settings. also, some of the battle animations will slow down a bit or jump a little. For vram, is it the number next to Approx Total Memory. If so, my is 64.

I may use psx if have some problems with certain areas. Prefer nicer graphics though. Also, psx does not seem to recognize my analog controls on my gamepad (using logitech dual action). Could use some help fixing this.

Thanks for all the help. Happy holidays.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts