Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using emulators for years and had been using bleem!, but finally got sick of what I now consider garbage after seeing ePSXe run. Far superior. I have Castlevania : Symphony of The Night and I can't get the MemCards to work which are pretty imperative in this game. At first in says MemCard not formatted - so I tell it to format and it says Format Complete. Then it proceeds to say Checking Memory Card...Do not remove Memory Card and sits there for eternity. I have erased the files and had it do this over and over. Is there an incompatibility here or am I overlooking something? Even tried to use bleem! memcards and the same thing happened. Any information - even telling me I'm screwed would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
it happens also to me but i think it s cuz my cd s scratched (On the psx, the musics are scratched, loadings are too long, and richter is almost invisible heh).
Well, i ve never really tried castelvania on epsxe, but it also occured to me.(the loading thing, try to format ur mem cards w/ epsxe cuttor and then launch the game.)
bye

S

·
0 Posts
When you go to run Castlevania SOTN, set it to force PAL. This should get your memory cards working. After you do this the first time, it should work fine from there on out even using Autodetect.
This is what I did and it worked for me.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Yeah but I think Richter is still messed up,isn't he?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The expected result.....

Of course about ten more minutes of tinkering led to it just mysteriously working. Going through my routine of just trying everything possible I finally checked the SIO IRQ always enabled option and it magically started working and once it did it has continued to do so.

This is what fivefeet8 had mentioned and I would like to inform all that it does indeed solve the problem.

Thank you everyone for your responses.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I cant save anything on epsxe, it always says unformatted mem car that I format it then come back says the same thing, as u can see I have not gotten anywhere with epsxe on long games that require you to save a lot

1 - 9 of 9 Posts